The Booking.com Traveller Review Awards reveal insights into traveller preferences throughout the past year.
Booking.com has just announced its Traveller Review Award Winners recognizing accommodation partners all around the world. In a year where the travel industry faced unparalleled challenges, the Awards recognize those who maintained, and even increased, their scores despite facing intense measures.
The Booking.com Traveller Review Awards reveal insights into traveller preferences throughout the past year, uncovering how travelers appreciate staff, cleanliness, and location most when reviewing award-winning properties on the platform.
With so many incredible winners to highlight, including 45,025 across Southeast Asia, Booking.com uncovered the Most Welcoming Places in Southeast Asia and the incredible diverse offering that makes up the pool of winning accommodations.
Here are a few partners in Southeast Asia that can proudly display a Traveller Review Award 2021:
- Indonesia, Al Sasaki
- Malaysia, Sabandy House B&B
- Philippines, Christelle Inn
- Singapore, Raffles Hotel
- Thailand, Inn Oon ChiangMai Home (Adults Only)
- Vietnam, Stellar of the Seas Cruise
Booking.com can also reveal the Most Welcoming Places in across Southeast Asia, according to customer reviews. Destinations had to have at least 50 eligible accommodations to be included in this list and were sorted by the highest share of winners per destination.
Top Four Most Friendly Cities in Southeast Asia include:
- Pemuteran, Bali, Indonesia
- Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
- San Vicente, Luzon, Philippines
- Khao Sok, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
While hotels remained the second most-awarded accommodation type globally for 2021, for the fourth consecutive year – Southeast Asian countries were divided on what they consider the most-awarded accommodation types.
Top three accommodation type by country:
- Indonesia – 1) Hotel, 2) Villa, 3) Guesthouse
- Malaysia – 1) Apartment, 2) Hotel, 3) Holiday Home
- Philippines – 1) Apartment, 2) Hotel, 3) Resort
- Singapore – 1) Hotel, 2) Aparthotel, 3) Apartment
- Thailand – 1) Hotel, 2) Resort, 3) Apartment
- Vietnam - 1) Hotel, 2) Homestay, 3) Apartment
The breadth and spread of winners in the Awards’ ninth year is a powerful testament to Booking.com’s partners’ dedication and resilience, as they managed to provide incredible travel experiences for people in every corner of the globe amidst a year of untold challenges for the entire industry.