The incentive campaign is in partnership with Air New Zealand.
SINGAPORE – Off the back of the global launch of their latest 100% Pure New Zealand global campaign, IF YOU SEEK, Tourism New Zealand recently concluded its first global trade incentive campaign.
As part of a concerted effort to support tourism recovery in New Zealand, the organisation has been actively increasing its trade initiatives across markets. The first-of-its-kind incentive campaign was launched to encourage trade partners to seek more and enhance their destination knowledge of New Zealand. To qualify, participating travel sellers were required to participate in activities and utilise the marketing resources in-market for a chance to join a trade familiarisation trip to New Zealand.
Travel sellers from Australia, Germany, Japan, North America, Singapore, South Korea, India and the UK joined the recently completed IF YOU SEEK trade familiarisation trip. Between 17-22 April 2023, they participated in unique experiences through sensory, seeker-themed activities handpicked in conjunction with the campaign.
Travel sellers from Asia visited the North Island (Waiheke Island, Waikato, Rotorua and Northland) and enjoyed these experiences during the trip:
- Waiheke Island: Pōwhiri (Māori welcome ceremony) at Piritahi Marae, followed by a bespoke tour of the island led by Ananda Tours and a visit to Batch Winery
- Maungatautari (Sanctuary Mountain): private guided tour of the conservation reserve where they learnt about efforts to re-introduce and breed endangered species through the installation of the world’s largest pest-proof fence
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tours: an enchanting guided tour through the world-renowned picturesque pastures of the Shire of Hobbiton, the iconic movie set featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies.
- Redwoods Treewalk: Redwoods Nightlights – a magical tour through Rotorua’s redwood forest under the stars and featuring 34 lanterns by renowned designer David Trubridge
- Hell’s Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa: The Hell’s Gate Experience – a three-in-one experience featuring an interactive geothermal walk, mud baths and sulphur spas
- Carino Wildlife Cruises: a sightseeing and dolphin-watching sail through the Bay of Islands
- Canopy Tours in Rotorua: an exciting zipline activity exploring the magnificent canopies and ancient forests of New Zealand
- Top Trail Cycle Hire and Tours: an adventure-packed cycling adventure along the breathtaking Twin Coast Cycle trail, spanning from Opua in the stunning Bay of Islands all the way to Horeke in the majestic Hokianga
– The Stone Store and Kemp House: a visit to one of New Zealand’s oldest historical sites that holds the stories of the encounter between Māori and European missionaries
– Waitangi Treaty Grounds: a guided tour around New Zealand’s most important historic site combined with a Māori cultural experience and a look at the world’s largest ceremonial waka.
“Our trade partners are some of our most valuable advocates when it comes to driving in-market presence and preference for New Zealand. Destination knowledge is crucial to what they do, and we hope this experience in New Zealand has left them with a deeper appreciation and understanding that will be translated in how they position New Zealand to their customers in the market…” shared Gregg Wafelbakker, General Manager, Asia, Tourism New Zealand.
Aaron Gilden, Head of Sales, South & South East Asia, UK & Europe, Air New Zealand, echoed sentiments, adding, “We hope the experience will help our trade partners generate more meaningful conversations and interest around New Zealand. As the airline partner, this campaign opened opportunities for us to better engage with our partners and in turn, strengthen our show of what Air New Zealand has to offer.”
Tatiana is the news co-ordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes to monitor the hundrends of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skim the most important according to our strategy. She holds a Bachelor degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.