Egencia, the corporate travel arm of Expedia Inc., launched the next phase of Egencia Mobile, extending their mobile application to Android and Mobile Web devices. Previously developed for the iPhone, Egencia Mobile enables business travelers to easily access flight and destination alerts, check-in online, receive one-click customer support and much more – nearly anywhere in the world, now on virtually any type of mobile device.
“Egencia Mobile further demonstrates Egencia’s continued focus on providing the best-in-class experience for our mobile users by placing more power in their hands, ensuring they can easily view their itineraries and receive pertinent, up-to-date travel information while on the road,” said Rob Greyber, President, Egencia “The app was designed specifically for business travelers, based on their feedback and catering to their needs by conveniently providing useful travel information quickly and easily on their device of choice.”
With Egencia Mobile, flight and destination alerts, online check-in, and customer support are always a touch away to help business travelers travel more efficiently, smartly, and safely.
Flight and Destination Alerts
This unique feature ensures that the traveler is instantly aware of time sensitive issues and crisis scenarios:
– Flight alerts inform travelers about flight delays and cancellations that may affect their trip.
– Destination alerts, covering natural disasters, security issues, weather, etc.
– Alerts are prominently displayed throughout the app so the traveler can easily and quickly view and access their alerts.
Additional Features and Functionalities
– Online Check-in is available today for all major airlines — making check-in one click away.
– Interactive Maps for all trip stages.
– Flight Schedules: Egencia Mobile makes identifying flight options easier than ever. If the traveler misses their flight, they will be able to quickly determine if and when a next flight is available.
– Click-to-Call Egencia Customer Service: the “Contact” tab enables the traveler to call or email customer service with one touch.
Egencia Mobile is currently available in the following countries: UK, US, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Canada, Australia, and India. Languages supported include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Canadian French, and Dutch. Thanks to Egencia’s proprietary technology, all travelers can experience the same benefits and functionality regardless of location.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.