Kingdom enhances its evergreen ‘forever cool’ status with multiple ‘Destination of the Year’ honours.
Bangkok – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is looking to build on its amazing success in racking up awards after a record-breaking haul so far in 2018, when it took home multiple prestigious travel awards including two ‘Destination of the Year‘ honours.
“TAT is very proud of all the awards Thailand has received during 2018,” TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, said. “This is a result of the hard work by the entire industry and our staff, and TAT’s commitment to its ‘Amazing Thailand Open to the New Shades‘ marketing initiative.”
According to Mr. Tanes, this impressive haul of awards confirms Thailand as a tourist destination of excellence, with a diversity of unique Thai local experiences that extends throughout the country.
“All combined these awards are a clear indication that we are on the right track. It shows the variety that Thailand has to offer, from North to South, from Bangkok to Phuket and Phang Nga, from Chiang Mai to Nan province,” he added.
The full list of travel awards that Thailand has received so far in 2018 includes being voted third in the Best Country category of the highly respected Conde Nast Traveller UK 2018 Readers’ Travel Awards and:
- Thailand wins ‘Destination of the Year‘ at the TTG Asia Travel Awards 2018.
- TAT wins one PATA Grand and three PATA Gold Awards 2018.
- Thailand wins the Travel Bulletin Star Awards ‘Star Cultural & Heritage Holidays Destination’.
- TAT’s Amazing Thailand placed as a finalist in the Travel Bulletin Star Awards ‘Star Online Training Course’.
- Bangkok wins the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards ‘Best Leisure Destination in the Asia- Pacific’.
- Thailand wins the Travel Weekly UK ‘Best Destination Award’.
- Nan Province – ASEAN Clean Tourist City Award.
- Phuket named second best beach in the world by US News & World Report.
- Chiang Mai wins the KAYAK Travel Awards Singapore 2018’s favourite trending destination.
- Thailand scores top marks in the ‘Best Business Country Rankings’ report.
- Thailand wins ‘Best Wedding Destination’ award from Wonderlust magazine.
- Tung Dap Village in Phang Nga earns global recognition for sustainable tourism.
- Bangkok voted ‘Best City Destination’ in the Asia-Pacific by DestinAsian magazine.
Angelos is the news editor for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). His role includes to monitor the hundrends of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skim the most important according to our strategy. He currently studies Communication, Media & Culture in Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens.