The Holiday Inn brand family generated 50% of IHG hotel signings in the region this year.
Fifty percent of IHG Hotels & Resorts’ hotel signings in South East Asia this year have been with the Holiday Inn brand family, comprising Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn Express, highlighting its enduring appeal for owners and guests across the region.
A series of eye-catching announcements in 2023 have included Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Karon Beach, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Surin Beach, Holiday Inn Resort Pattaya, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bangkok Asoke, and Holiday Inn Express Bali Sunset Road, while the opening of the first Holiday Inn Express & Suites property in Singapore – situated in Novena – has grown its estate to 95 open and pipeline hotels.
The Holiday Inn brand family continues to be a phenomenal growth engine for IHG, generating around half of its global openings in 2022 and accounting for nearly 70% of its total estate. Famous the world over, it’s a leading choice for guests and owners everywhere.
Rajit Sukumaran, Managing Director, South East Asia & Korea, IHG Hotels & Resorts said: “It’s wonderful to see our Holiday Inn brand family continuing to grow from strength to strength in South East Asia. We opened fantastic hotels last year in Ho Tram in Vietnam, Cebu in the Philippines, Koh Samui and Krabi in Thailand, and are collaborating with partners whose confidence to convert and build more properties across the region will ensure it keeps growing at pace.
“We’re seeing great interest from owners in a wide range of destinations, including resorts where our Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand continues to be much loved by families and groups alike. The brand portfolio has a fantastic long-term, proven appeal, and we never stand still, our teams work closely with owners to bring to life new designs and F&B offerings that deliver memorable guest experiences, assert our competitive advantage, and create even stronger returns.
“We are always listening to guest and owners’ feedback, and one great example of how we’re enhancing the Holiday Inn Express experience is Express Café & Bar – an all-day-dining experience that provides guests with simple-to-deliver 24/7 food and beverage options in a modern cozy environment while maximizing space efficiency and investment returns.
“On top of this, we’re also recognising the growing popularity of longer stays and the increase in larger traveling parties by developing more Holiday Inn & Suites and Holiday Inn Express & Suites properties across our markets. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Singapore Novena, which opened in May 2023, is the first in Singapore, while the first Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel will open in Thailand at Bangkok Central Pier soon, and we’re preparing to debut Holiday Inn & Suites in Vientiane Laos in 2024.”
Across South East Asia, there are 28 open Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts properties and 26 in the pipeline. The brand provides outstanding value for guests who travel on business and require flexible workspaces, as well as families who appreciate its “Kids Stay & Eat Free” program.
Also in the region, IHG has 22 Holiday Inn Express properties and 14 in the pipeline. The world’s largest hotel brand, it offers a simple and smart travel experience and is a fantastic option for travelers who require the basics done brilliantly.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Singapore Novena (opened in May 2023) – Immersed in the historic charm of Singapore’s Balestier District, this is the first Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel in Singapore and offers the first Express Café & Bar in South East Asia.
- Holiday Inn Sepang – Airport – Opening this year, the 252-room hotel is a 15-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. It is a perfect choice for layover passengers and within easy reach of Sepang International Circuit.
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Surin Beach – A perfect family getaway where fun meets paradise. The resort, set to be rebranded this year, is situated on the breathtaking shores of Surin Beach and offers a picturesque setting that harmoniously blends natural beauty with contemporary design.
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Karon Beach – Nestled along the picturesque shores of Karon Beach, renowned for its crystal-clear waters and soft sandy beaches, the resort is close to some of Phuket’s best attractions including Big Buddha and Wat Karon.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bangkok Central Pier – With 180 contemporary rooms and suites, the hotel is a stone’s throw from the Chao Phraya River, making it the perfect base for guests to explore the city’s many attractions such as ICONSIAM, Wat Arun, Grand Palace and Khao San Road.
- Holiday Inn Resort Bali Canggu – Nestled in the heart of Canggu, the resort offers a variety of spacious room types to suit all travelers and is a five-minute walk to the beach and close to leading attractions including Tanah Lot Temple and the Seminyak Shopping district.
- Holiday Inn Lampung Bukit Randu – Located in the prime city center of Bandar Lampung, on Bukit Randu, a hill of an altitude of 200 meters above sea level, the hotel enjoys easy access to popular attractions, including the Krakatau Monument, Bumi Kedaton tourism park and Duta Wisata beach.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.