The Thai-Italian Chamber of Commerce has awarded its prestigious Ospitalita’ Italiana certification to 20 restaurants, pizzerias, and gelaterias in Bangkok, recognizing their commitment to authentic Italian cuisine. The awards were presented at a ceremony on November 6, 2023, attended by over 500 guests.
The Thai-Italian Chamber of Commerce (TICC) has successfully hosted the 10th edition of its “Awarding Ceremony Ospitalita’ Italiana 2023” at Gaysorn Urban Village Resort in Bangkok. Ospitalità Italiana is a prestigious certification program dedicated to celebrating and promoting authentic Italian cuisine since its inception in 1997.
Over 500 participants attended the ceremony, which was opened by Mr. Federico Cardini, President of the TICC, and featured a speech by H.E. Paolo Dionisi, Ambassador of Italy to Thailand. President Cardini presented the Ospitalità Italiana quality seal to a number of qualified restaurants, pizzerias, and gelaterias.
The following businesses were awarded the Ospitalità Italiana certification:
- Acqua Bangkok
- Attico cucina italiana
- Gianni ristorante
- Giglio trattoria fiorentina
- Il bolognese
- IO – Italian Osteria Bangkok
- Via Emilia
- Albero The Modern Gelato
The TICC also presented First Appearances in Ospitalità Italiana awards to the following businesses:
- Da Lena Trattoria Italiana
- Medici Kitchen & Bar
- Pizza Massilia
- Pizzeria Limoncello
- Riva del Fiume
- Zanotti Il Ristorante Italiano
In addition, the TICC presented Special Mentions to the following individuals and businesses for their unique skills and contributions to the food and beverage industry:
- Mr. Filippo Cassabgi and Mr. Francesco Cioffi as Alfieri dell’Italianita’;
- Mr. Michele Montauti, The Loft at Waldorf Astoria as Best Italian Bartender;
- Mr. Francesco De Rosa, Ms. Martina Sabbioni, Mr. Enrico Nativi as Ambassador of Italian Culinary Art;
- Mr. Francesco Lenzi as Ambassador of Italian Pasta by Rustichella D’Abruzzo;
- CLARA Restaurant as Best Italian Fine Dining Tasting Menu;
- Acqua Italian Fine Dining Restaurant as Best New Opening;
- Mr. Andrea Bonaffini, Four Seasons at Chaopraya Bangkok as Best Italian Pastry Chef;
- Mr. Sabino Iacobone, Capella Hotel Bangkok as Best Italian Sommelier;
- Gianni Ristorante as Best Service in Italian Restaurant;
- Peppina, Pizza Massilia, L’Oliva as Italian Pizzeria in Bangkok ranked worldwide;
- Anna Borrasi, iO – Italian Osteria and Andrea Bernardi, Via Emilia as TV Celebrities Winners of “Little Big Italy” (Italian TV Program).
The TICC expresses its sincere gratitude to all the sponsors and attendees who contributed to the success of this event.
Darin is monitoring the Asia-Pacific travel & hospitality market and reports the most important news of the region. Her role includes interviewing C-level executives as well as running the content campaigns of companies and NTOs
She holds a MAMBM from the University of Westminster in UK and a photography certificate from the Kensington and Chelsea College in UK.