Managing Director of Cathay Pacific Holidays Ltd Mr Patrick Yeung has been reappointed a Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) Member and…
Managing Director of Cathay Pacific Holidays Ltd Mr Patrick Yeung has been reappointed a Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) Member and Chief Executive Officer of Toppy International Ltd, Mr Vincent Fang, has been newly appointed an HKTB Member, each for a term of three years from 1 January 2003 until 31 December 2005.
HKTB Executive Director Ms Clara Chong warmly welcomed both appointments. Mr Yeung is a consummate tourism professional, she said. Over the four years since he joined the Board, the experience he has contributed on tourism development and other Board matters has been invaluable.
I am sure Mr Fang, who is also the current Chairman of the Association of Better Business and Tourism Services and Chairman of the Quality Tourism Services Council, will be able to make an equally worthy contribution through his expertise in the area of service enhancement, Ms Chong added. Quality service is a high value-added attribute that gives visitors a lasting memorable impression of Hong Kong.
Ms Chong noted that support from the community at large was of prime importance to tourism development. With such long experience in their own domains, both Mr Yeung and Mr Fang have a thorough understanding of the market, she said. Building on their support, the HKTB looks forward to fostering closer ties with the trade. Together, we can further enhance overall tourism service standards.
By achieving even greater visitor satisfaction, we will be able to spread the good word about Hong Kong and increase its competitiveness, she added.
Ms Chong also expressed her gratitude to Mr Chung Po Yang and Mr Dick Kaufman, who will both retire from the HKTB as Board Members upon expiry of their appointments on 31 December 2002, for their contribution to the Board and the tourism industry at large.
The Hong Kong SAR Government appoints HKTB Members, who represent a broad spectrum of industries. The Board is headed by its Chairman, The Hon Mrs Selina Chow, GBS, OBE, JP and Vice Chairman, the Secretary for Economic Development and Labour or the Commissioner for Tourism.
Other Members of the HKTB include:
- Mr Philip Chen, SBS, JP, Director and Chief Operating Officer, Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- Mr Stanley Ko, JP, Director, Jardine Pacific Ltd
- Mr Paul Chiu, Managing Director, PC Tours & Travel
- Mr Robert Chow, Chairman, Robert Chow & Friends Limited
- Mr George Magnus, BBS, OBE, Deputy Chairman, Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd
- Mr Mark Lettenbichler, General Manager, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Prof Andrew Chan, Chairman, Consumer Council
- Mr Chau Kam Piu, Managing Director, Hoi Kong Travel Ltd
- Mr Yu Pang Chun, Chairman, Hong Kong Retail Management Association
- Mr Adolf Hsu, JP, Managing Director, New World First Bus Services Ltd
- Ms Wailee Chow, Managing Director, WDA Group Ltd
- Mr Michael Hui Koon-Man, Hon President, Hong Kong Performing Artists Guild
- Mr Tang Kwai Nang, JP, Chairman Emeritus (Asia Pacific), AC Nielsen
- Mr James Wu, Chairman, Maxim’s Caterers Ltd
- Mr Michael Sze Cho-Cheung, JP, Executive Director, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.