Improvement of lifestyle, showcasing culture & diversity, and cooperative partnerships between governments to enhance the infrastructure for better living and commuting are other factors contributing to the growth of the camping and caravanning market.
Nowadays, most countries, such as the Philippines, India, Thailand, Brazil, and UAE, are significantly investing in their airports to improve arrival/departure facilities for a large number of tourists in the foreseeable future. Moreover, players in these countries focus on the restoration of heritage and camping sites, as well as infrastructure. Additionally, improvement of lifestyle, showcasing culture & diversity, and cooperative partnerships between governments to enhance the infrastructure for better living and commuting are other factors contributing to the growth of the camping and caravanning market. Projected to rise at a CAGR of ~7.6% between 2019 and 2029, ESOMAR-certified market research foresees stable growth for the market.
Key Takeaways from the Camping and Caravanning Market Study
According to the report, companies are increasingly focusing on customer loyalty programs, as camping and caravanning is a customer-driven market, and players target a particular set of customers and retain them by meeting their requirements. Accordingly, the development of technology-driven, customer-centric services and innovative discount offers through gift cards is expected to boost the revenue of the companies in the global camping and caravanning market.
- Nowadays, e-Gifting is gaining popularity among consumers, owing to advantages such as convenience, easy availability, and customization benefits. Thus, prominent players in the camping and caravanning market offer e-Gift cards to customers with the objective to retain them in the future.
- The Europe region is expected to retain its dominant position in the global camping and caravanning market, due to the increase in frequency and length of holidays by the young population in the caravan camping parks coupled with a growing trend of mobile homes without relying on hotels or motels in the region.
- Among destination types, the privately-owned campgrounds segment is anticipated to show a relatively higher CAGR in the global camping and caravanning market in the near future, as increasing number of millennial campers and rise in demand for luxury camping facilities across the globe.
“Prominent players in the global camping and caravanning market are focusing on loyalty programs to attract customers towards camping activities. Moreover, prominent players are significantly advertising and promoting gift cards for campers through social media and other offline stores to increase customer awareness and retention rate” says the research analyst.
Staying connected on social media while camping remains a priority of millennials. The availability of Wi-Fi and improved cell phone service at campgrounds is increasing the active participation of millennials in camping parks, is anticipated to propel the camping and caravanning market in the foreseeable future. Additionally, the fast-paced advertising and technological landscape has become an essential part of the camping and caravanning industry, as tourists seek the best travel experience in a shorter duration is another factor driving the global camping and caravanning market over the forecast period.
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the camping and caravanning market ACCOR SA, Internacional Palamos, Radisson Hotel Group, Haven Leisure Limited, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., TENTRR, HIPcamp, Vacansoliel, Selectcamp, ACSI Holding BV, and others.
Several prominent market players are significantly exploring new camping sites as more and more people are showing interest in adventure camping and glamping. Besides this, companies are also significantly improving their digital presence to meet customer expectations and introducing new customer loyalty programs by providing personalized experiences and reserving exclusive offers for members.
- In January 2020, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. introduced a new lifestyle hotel brand ‘Tempo’, to serve the growing segment of modern achievers. This new chain of hotels, with wellness and sustainability at the foundation, will provide a unique experience to younger and eco-friendly travellers. This expansion is anticipated to help the company expand its product portfolio and market footprint worldwide.
- In 2019, ACSI Holding BV introduced new ACSI guides and apps for campers who likes to visit campsites with their own motorhome. This will enable travelers to camp at bargain prices off-season at more than 3,600 campsites in Europe. It will also provide extensive information about 8,000 ACSI-inspected campsites.
These insights are based on a report on Camping and Caravanning Market by Future Market Insights.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.