The award-winning tour operator launches new adventures to the destination celebrating the country’s iconic contemporary culture, beautiful landscapes, and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
BROOMFIELD, CO – InsideAsia Tours, the award-winning Asia travel specialist, launches three brand new, original itineraries to South Korea, Asia’s hottest and up-and-coming destination for international travelers. The latest collection of adventures are curated to suit a variety of interests and will inspire travelers to visit this quirky slice of the far east, including Seoul and beyond.
“The Korean Wave, also known as Hallyu, is the phenomenon that has seen interest in contemporary Korean culture, and has continued to grow all over the world through the spread of K-pop and K-drama. As a result, InsideAsia Tours has seen an increase in the desire to travel and explore South Korea too and looks forward to showcasing this amazing destination with its travelers,” said Jason Martin, InsideAsia Tours’ US Branch Manager.
The new itineraries offer something for every kind of traveler, from the Korean Wave for K-pop buffs, featuring filming locations, hip neighborhoods, and the destination’s iconic cuisine, to the simple and affordable Essential South Korea itinerary covering all the major sites in a wallet-friendly way, or the South Korea Family Adventure; an active, teen-friendly itinerary fit for the whole family.
Korea Wave: Originator of the global phenomenon known as Hallyu, or the “Korean Wave,” South Korea is a leading exporter of pop culture. This 13-day trip gives travelers the opportunity to experience K-culture hotspots in five unique locations. Itinerary Highlights Include:
- Seoul: Get oriented in the country’s capital, an ultra-modern metropolis that boasts legendary K-wave locations, including K-star road and Starfield Library. Travelers will have the chance to explore the backdrop to many famous K-pop videos on an excursion to the abandoned theme park, Yongma Land, or learn the hottest new dance moves in a K-pop dance class.
- Jeonju: In this historic district, travelers will find themselves transported to some of their favorite K-dramas, with the chance to rent a traditional hanbok and wander the cobblestone streets. Here, guests will stay in a traditional Hanok guest house, a unique experience
- Busan: Sandy beaches and towering high-rises, this city also boasts the Hapcheon Movie Theme Park, one of the largest film and television studio sets in Korea.
- Gangneung: Visit the famous “BTS Bus Stop” before walking the sandy shores of Yeongjin Beach or taking in the immersive exhibits at the ARTE Museum.
Essential South Korea: Designed for budget-savvy travelers, this eight-day excursion focuses on the culturally dense and historically rich cities of Seoul and Busan. Itinerary Highlights Include:
- Seoul: Get a taste for the city’s Mapo district with a Korean Barbeque tour, discover South Korea’s nightlife in the buzzing university district of Hongdae, or go for a walk through the city’s backyard in the Bukhansan National Park. Take a day trip to the ancient town of Gyeongju, home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bulguksa Temple.
- Busan: Travelers will have the chance to tailor their trip – tour the town on the Haeundae beach train or the Songdo Air Cruise cable car, try one of the countless local dishes from the street food market, or take your pick of the city’s seven beaches.
South Korea Family Adventure: Spend 14 days getting acquainted with South Korea’s hottest destinations; from the buzzing cities of Seoul and Busan to the tropical shores of Jeju Island, families can explore a winning mix of traditional and modern culture. Itinerary Highlights Include:
- Seoul: Start off in South Korea’s capital, a lively metropolis flush with markets, restaurants, and historical sites. Explore the city on a bike tour, from the streets of Bukchon Hanok Village up to Inwangsan Mountain. A zipline excursion to the Han River’s picturesque Nami Island.
- Busan: Relax on the beach or wander the vibrant markets of South Korea’s second city; between Gamcheon Culture Village and Jagalchi fish market, there’s a bit of everything for everyone. Day trip to Tongyeong, a bustling port city known for its fresh seafood and vast array of outdoor activities, including its Skyline Luge down Mireuksan mountain.
- Jeju Island: Traverse the scenic landscape of Jeju Island, from white-sand beaches to the stony rise of the extinct volcano Hallassan. Travelers will have the opportunity to visit nearby Udo Island by submarine.
InsideAsia’s travel specialists can tailor each cultural adventure to suit interests, timeframes, and budgets.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.