The city’s most symbolic five-star luxury hotel returns as the centerpiece of Thailand’s hospitality and re- opens its doors to provide guests with unparalleled luxury experiences and elegant designs inspired by Thailand’s rich culture.
BANKOK, THAILAND – InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, has officially re-opened InterContinental Bangkok, known as the city’s most iconic five-star luxury hotel located in the heart of Bangkok, after a multimillion-dollar renovation and spectacular makeover. Located in Bangkok’s Central Business District directly adjacent to the BTS Chidlom Skytrain, InterContinental Bangkok is at walking distance to the capital’s main lifestyle shopping locations and major business addresses. For two decades, the hotel has been part of the city of angels’ landscape, and its recent multimillion-dollar renovation and an impressive makeover now positions the InterContinental Bangkok like never before, re-emerging as a modern grand hotel designed for contemporary living.
Stephen Gould, General Manager of InterContinental Bangkok said: “As part of IHG Hotels & Resorts’ Luxury and Lifestyle portfolio InterContinental Bangkok is one of Thailand’s most premium hotels. Welcoming guests back to the InterContinental Life marks a significant milestone for us. Over the course of our renovation, we have thoughtfully woven in a blend of modern sophistication and Thai heritage inspired by the traditions of Thai welcoming ceremonies backed by world-class service. Our elite network of concierges and colleagues combine local expertise and tradition with modernity to spark joy in our guests’ stay, creating truly exceptional experiences and moments that matter for our guests.”
Re-Introducing the InterContinental Life in Bangkok
The hotel re-emerges infused with artistic nods to the beauty of Bangkok’s magnificent palaces and cultural attractions as well as the city’s famous skyline, offering 381 all-new luxury guestrooms, including Club InterContinental rooms and a range of suites.
Guests will experience a fresh aesthetic design at the newly renovated InterContinental Bangkok, inspired by Thailand’s humble culture and reputation as the “land of smiles.”
The lobby’s remarkable centrepiece, a chandelier inspired by the intricate Phuang Malai garland, elegantly welcomes guests with iconic Thai warmth and inspires guests to truly enjoy the InterContinental Life. Throughout the hotel, walls and ceilings showcase Thailand’s heritage and culture with traditional floating flowers and renowned Kranok patterns, which trace back to the Sukhothai Kingdom; while carefully placed modern abstract and local artisan artworks convey the spirit of the Thai welcoming ceremonies and immerse travellers in the country’s rich culture. Even the Grand Ballroom pays tribute to Thai traditions with a chandelier inspired by the elegant attire of traditional Thai dancers.
Unique dining experiences will transport guests from west to east at InterContinental Bangkok’s seven dining and bar concepts teamed by some of the most highly skilled head chefs with Michelin-star restaurant leadership experiences.
- SoCal: the debut of the city’s first California-inspired restaurant which features over 50 California wine selections as well as a cuisine and mixology with a variety of fresh flavours, sustainable seasonal produce. Signature dishes include lobster tostada, grilled octopus, pork belly tacos, cioppino seafood stew and slow cooked lamb neck.
- Espresso: An authentic all-day dining with live cooking stations offering quality ingredients, inspired by the street markets of Bangkok where every meal is a journey and a well-travelled experience.
- Fireplace Grill and Bar: Quality classic European dishes since 1966 such as perfectly grilled steaks and seafood, as well as finely crafted desserts.
- Balcony Lounge: A sophisticated ambiance of light dining options, cool refreshments creative afternoon teas, and worldly cocktails made from the finest ingredients.
- Humidor: One of the city’s widest range of whiskies and cigars from around the world for all types of connoisseurs to appreciate.
- Summer Palace: Authentic Cantonese cuisine, exquisitely prepared dim sum and specialities of meals skilfully crafted by talented chefs in a live kitchen atmosphere.
- Butter: A speciality coffee menu, gourmet savouries, sandwiches and salads for eat-in or on the go with teas, coffees as well as patisseries, cakes and sweets.
Dominique Martinez, Food and Beverage Director of InterContinental Bangkok commented on the word-class dining offerings: “Guests should be prepared to indulge in a symphony of flavours as the InterContinental Bangkok reopens its doors. As the city's iconic hotel, we are passionate about providing guests with a full sense of luxury, including a wide variety of gastronomic pleasures and experiences. Our locally and internationally inspired restaurant and bar concepts have something to offer to everyone, right in the heart of the city.”
Guests have access to a wide range of facilities and on-site amenities, including:
- Oasis: A re-imagined rooftop pool delivering panoramic views of Bangkok’s skyline.
- Spa InterContinental: A full-service spa offering HARNN body treatments and Elemis facial treatments. A total of nine treatment rooms including three couple rooms and a traditional Thai massage room.
- Infinity Fitness: A 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness centre with an extensive team of private trainers.
- Meeting and Events: A variety of 19 function rooms, meeting and event spaces, including the Grand Ballroom which accommodates up to 1,000 guests. Onsite 4K LED screen: high-intensity LED lighting fixtures with advanced colour mixing technology, video streaming, conferencing, recording capabilities, satellite communications, mobile projection systems and centrally controlled LCD display screens.
Additionally, a full team of InterContinental colleagues, including the hotel concierge is available to support all guests’ needs and further enrichen their experience with in-depth knowledge and local insights.
InterContinental Bangkok is part of the prestigious InterContinental brand, building on its longstanding heritage, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts continues to refine luxury hospitality and is poised to open more than 30 hotels in the next two years. Having recently celebrated its 75 th anniversary, InterContinental is continuing to evolve and redefine its ethos of discovery and modern luxury and this new hotel represents a perfect illustration of this evolution.
InterContinental Bangkok is one of 450 hotels in IHG’s luxury & lifestyle portfolio, one of the largest in the industry, and of the more than 6,000 hotels within the IHG One Rewards platform. Centered around guests, the best-in-class loyalty programme offers richer benefits at 18 leading hotel brands and more ways to be rewarded than ever before, all powered by leading technology on the new IHG One Rewards mobile app.
Tatiana is the news co-ordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes to monitor the hundrends of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skim the most important according to our strategy. She holds a Bachelor degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.