On 13 October 2014 announced the winners from a selection of some of the most beautiful hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia and for the first time this year from the Middle East. The Awards reception was held at Sicis Mosaics, exceptional showroom in Paris.
The special jury assembled for the prestigious Prix Villegiature Awards consists of 23 journalists and press correspondents representing major media organizations from around the world. On 13 October 2014 announced the winners from a selection of some of the most beautiful hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia and for the first time this year from the Middle East. Throughout the year, members of the jury have been in contact with hotels presenting their candidature.
The Awards reception was held at Sicis Mosaics, exceptional showroom in Paris, 41 rue Francois 1er, in the presence of the event partners: Ercuis & Raynaud who have created the trophies since 2007, Maison Ayala that provides the champagne since the inauguration of Prix Villegiature Awards, Fastbooking, a company specialized in direct reservations worldwide between hotels and clients and who created the exciting new Prix Villegiature Awards website, Technogym, world leader in fitness equipment, the prestigious Etihad Airways, a new sponsor.
More than 50 journalists, personalities from the top level gastronomy world like Chef Pierre Gagnaire, Chef Christophe Dufosse, all the executive teams of the nominated hotels, the executive managers of the interior design studios like the ones of Piero Lissoni, Pierre-Yves Rochon, Jean-Jacques Ory, Isabel Meinecke or Philippe Demougeot attented the ceremony together with His Excellency Monsieur Elchin Amirbayov, Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan in France, Monsieur Ichiro Ogasawara, Minister for the Embassy of Japan in France, Monsieur Mohamed Adil Embarch, Minister for the Embassy of Morocco in France, Monsieur Hamad Obaid Ebrahim Al Zaabi, First Secretary for the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in France, Monsieur Huub Buise, Counseillor for the Embassy of The Netherlands in France, Monsieur Domenico La Spina, Counseillor for the Embassy of Italy in France.
Students of the Albert de Mun Hotel School in Paris took part in the organization of the awards evening with dynamism and professionalism.
- Grand Prize for Best Hotel in Asia went to Fuchun Resort in China.
- Grand Prize for Best Hotel in Middle East has been given to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi
- The “Oetker Collection” hotel group holds a special place of honor this year with three hotels gathering a total of four awards: The Namaskar Palace in Marrakech wins Grand Prize for the Best Hotel in Africa, the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes is awarded for Best atmosphere and also the Grand Prize for the Best resort in Europe and the Bristol in Paris is finally – The Lotte Hotel Moscow can be congratulated twice, not only because their flagship restaurant “Les Menus” with Chef Pierre Gagnaire wins the award as Best hotel restaurant in Europe, but also the Lotte is awarded the prestigious Grand Prize for the Best hotel in Europe.
- The award for most charming hotel is given to the Villa Baulieu located in Rognes en Provence.
- In Japan, the Rock Star Hotel in Osaka lifts the Prize for its website, created by teamLab. Inc. and takes the trophy for Best hotel interactive communication.
- The Award for best hotel floral decoration in Europe is given the Four Seasons Baku and its floral designer Bayram Nasrullayev.
- The Conservatorium Hotel (The Set Hotels) in Amsterdam receives the award for Best interior design, created by Piero Lissoni.
- The San Domenico Masseria, Thalasso & Golf (San Domenico Hotels) in Savelletri di Fasano, Italy, is honored for its service and welcome for hotels with less than 80 rooms.
- For the “Best Spa” and “Best terrace” Awards, in France, La Cheneaudiere in Colroy La Roche, near Strasbourg, is recognised for its new Spa, while the Sofitel Marseille Vieux Port is singled out for its terrace overlooking the port of Marseille.
- In Paris, the Royal Monceau, Raffles Paris, is recognized at best breakfast, the Buddha-Bar Paris is awarded for its Lounge Bar “The Qu4tre” with Remy Rodriguez as the Head Bartender as well as for its bathroom (hotel under 80 rooms), in the same class, but for hotels for over 80 rooms, the best bathroom award goes to the Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection hotel.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.