Travel industry research authority PhoCusWright Inc. will host three unique industry summits during The PhoCusWright Conference November 15 – 17, 2011 in Hollywood, FL USA (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami). The Travel Association Summit, Travel Innovation Summit and Young Leaders Summit all uniquely advance the global travel, tourism and hospitality industry.
The Travel Association Summit, cohosted by the World Travel & Tourism Council, convenes the heads of travel associations representing a range of sectors, geographies and objectives to collaborate on shared goals. The Travel Innovation Summit showcases the next generation of applied travel technology as innovators demonstrate game-changing travel applications and solutions live. The Young Leaders Summit promotes executive management development among rising stars in travel, bringing together young leaders aged 35 and under to kick off a year-long program.
“PhoCusWright’s Summits exemplify the breadth and depth of The PhoCusWright Conference,” said PhoCusWright chairman Philip Wolf. “The high-profile keynote speakers of Center Stage are only part of the story. A stellar list of travel executives contribute their expertise in other ways – serving as Young Leaders Summit volunteers or as members of The Travel Innovation Summit Critics Circle or Judges Panel.”
The Judges Panel at The Travel Innovation Summit carefully evaluates each innovator to select category winners and the one winner of the DEMO Award for Travel Innovation. Separate from the judges’ appraisal, the Critics Circle convenes after each demonstration to share commentary, kudos and critiques. Seasoned executives representing a media powerhouse, a successful travel startup and a key investment firm will volunteer during The Young Leaders Summit.
The Travel Innovation Summit Critics Circle
– Rod Cuthbert, Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Viator Inc.
– Sophie Forest, Managing Partner, Brightspark Ventures
– Jim Hornthal, Chairman, Triporati Inc.
– Gene Quinn, President and CEO, Tnooz
The Travel Innovation Summit Judges Panel
– Gregg Brockway, Co-Founder and President, TripIt
– Hugh Crean, Entrepreneur in Residence, General Catalyst Partners
– Jay Habegger, Co-Founder and CEO, OwnerIQ Inc.
– Kimberley McLoughlin, Managing Director, Red Visitor
– Kathy Misunas, Partner, Essential Ideas
– Mark Okerstrom, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Expedia Inc.
– Debu Purkayastha, Principal, Corporate Development, M&A, Google Inc.
– Barrie Seidenberg, President and CEO, Viator Inc.
– Joseph Strodel, Director of Communications and Corporate Affairs, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
– Ned Williams, Partner, Brook Venture Fund
The Young Leaders Summit Executive Volunteers
– Jane Butler, Managing Director, Travel Google Inc.
– Gregg Brockway, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TripIt
– Joel Cutler, Managing Director, General Catalyst Partners.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.