Luxury hotel most recently named World's Leading Green Hotel at World Travel Awards.
MACAO – Conrad Macao, Cotai Central has once again been recognised for its outstanding suites and amenities, and for its equally outstanding sustainability efforts. The multi-award-winning luxury hotel was named Best Luxury Suite Hotel in the Asian Continent at this year’s World Luxury Hotel Awards in Phuket, Thailand Nov. 1, 2013, and was a global-level winner at last year’s World Luxury Hotel Awards. Its innovative Bodhi Spa was a triple-winner in the 2013 World Luxury Spa Awards. In addition, Conrad Macao was just named the World’s Leading Green Hotel by the prestigious World Travel Awards in a ceremony held in Qatar Nov. 30.
Conrad Macao’s 206 suites, soon to be extended to 218 including four new Presidential Suites and an exclusive new Conrad Club on the top floors of the tower, have been a plush ‘home away from home’ for regional and international stars of film, television, fashion and sport, even royalty, since the hotel’s opening last year. High profile guests of the premier suites have included Sophia Loren, Zhang Ziyi, Grammy Award-winning jazz icon George Benson, golf star Ernie Els, and actress Shu Qi, who joined the hotel’s first anniversary celebrations.
This latest award brings the hotel’s list of accolades to 23 since it opened in April 2012 – a tremendous average of more than one per month. In addition to the World Luxury Hotel Awards and the World Travel Awards, recognition has come from the likes of Forbes, Michelin, the Hurun Report, Hong Kong Tatler, Wine Spectator, TTG, Travel + Leisure, and TripAdvisor, among others.
“Conrad Macao has ranked No. 1 among Macao’s luxury hotels all year at TripAdvisor, and is currently the No. 1 hotel overall in Macao according to travellers’ reviews,” said Mark McWhinnie, Senior Vice President of Operations at Sands Cotai Central (the integrated resort wherein Conrad Macao resides). “We’re ecstatic that Conrad Macao continues to be rewarded by the travel industry, and more importantly by travellers themselves, for delivering a true experience of Conrad’s signature world of style, service and connection. We’re especially proud of the breadth of award categories represented, covering all aspects of our hotel: from meetings and conferences to spa, and from dining and wine selection to eco-sustainable practices. Thanks to an incredibly dedicated group of team members, Conrad Macao has proven itself over its first 20 months to be an all-around world-class luxury hotel of choice for sophisticated travellers.”
Conrad Macao, Cotai Central Award List
1. #1 Hotel in Macao | ‘Certificate of Excellence’ – TripAdvisor? 2013
2. Listed in 2013 Forbes Travel Guide
3. Listed in 2013 Hong Kong & Macau Michelin Guide
4. ‘China’s Best New Hotels’ – Travel+Leisure China Travel Awards 2012
5. ‘Best Luxury Casino Hotel’ in the World – World Luxury Hotel Awards 2012
6. Top 10 ‘Hottest New Hotels of 2012’ – TripAdvisor
7. ‘Best New City Hotel’, Asia Pacific – TTG Asia Travel Awards 2012
8. ‘Best New Hotel’, 2012 – Voyage Magazine
9. ‘Most Favoured Hotel of the Year’ – Golf Vacation Magazine, 2012
10. ‘Best New Arrival’ – The Hurun Report’s ‘Best of The Best’ Awards 2012
11. ‘Best New Hotel’, Macau – TTG China Travel Awards 2013
12. ‘Best Luxury Hotel’ – City Traveler Magazine Awards 2013
13. ‘Top 5 Leisure Hotels in Asia’ – NOW Travel Asia Magazine’s Awards 2013
14. ‘Best Luxury Suite Hotel’ in Asia – World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
15. ‘Best Luxury Emerging Spa’, Asia- World Luxury Spa Awards 2013
16. ‘Best Luxury Day Spa’, Macao- World Luxury Spa Awards 2013
17. ‘Most Popular Hotel Spa’- World Luxury Spa Awards 2013
DYNASTY 8 – SIGNATURE DINING
18. ‘Hong Kong & Macau’s Best Restaurants’ – Hong Kong Tatler 2013
19. ‘Award Of Excellence’ – Wine Spectator Magazine 2013
20. ‘Top 25 Conference Hotels in Asia’ – Smart Travel Asia 2013
ECO / SUSTAINABILITY
21. ‘2013 Asia’s Leading Green Hotel’ – World Travel Awards
22. ‘Best Green Hotel’ – Travel+ China Travel Awards 2013
23. ‘2013 World’s Leading Green Hotel’ – World Travel Awards
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.