Several prominent market players are significantly exploring new camping sites as more and more people are showing interest in adventure camping and glamping.
According to Future Market Insights, the market will expand steadily. Currently, the majority of nations, including the Philippines, India, Thailand, Brazil, and the United Arab Emirates, are investing considerably in their airports to improve arrival/departure facilities for a considerable number of visitors in the near future.
Players in these nations also emphasise infrastructure development as well as historical and camping site restoration. Other reasons influencing the expansion of the camping and caravanning sector include the enhancement of lifestyle, highlighting culture and variety, and constructive collaborations between governments to develop infrastructure for better living and commuting.
- According to the report, companies are increasingly focuses on customer loyalty programs, as the camping and caravanning is a customer-driven market, and players target a particular set of customers and retain them by meeting their requirements. Accordingly, the development of technology-driven, customer-centric services and innovative discount offers through gift cards is expected to boost the revenue of the companies in the global camping and caravanning market.
- Nowadays, e-Gifting is gaining popularity among consumers, owing to advantages such as convenience, easy availability, and customization benefits. Thus, prominent players in the camping and caravanning market offer e-Gift cards to customers with an objective to retain them in the future.
- The Europe region is expected to retain its dominant position in the global camping and caravanning market, due to increase in frequency and length of holidays by young population in the caravan camping parks coupled with growing trend of mobile homes without relying on hotels or motels in the region.
- Among destination type, the privately owned campgrounds segment is anticipated to show a relatively higher CAGR in the global camping and caravanning market in the near future, as increasing number of millennial campers and rise in demand for luxury camping facilities across the globe.
“Prominent players in the global camping and caravanning market are focusing towards loyalty programs to attract customers towards camping activities. Moreover, prominent players are significantly advertising and promoting gift cards for campers through social media and other offline stores to increase customer awareness and retention rate” says an FMI analyst.
Staying connected on social media while camping remains a priority of millennials. The availability of Wi-Fi and improved cell phone service at campgrounds is increasing the active participation of millennials in camping parks, is anticipated to propel the camping and caravanning market in the foreseeable future. Additionally, the fast-paced advertising and technological landscape has become an essential part of the camping and caravanning industry, as tourists seek the best travel experience in a shorter duration is another factor drives the global camping and caravanning market over the forecast period.
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the camping and caravanning market ACCOR SA, Internacional Palamos, Radisson Hotel Group, Haven Leisure Limited, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., TENTRR, HIPcamp, Vacansoliel, Selectcamp, ACSI Holding BV, and others.
Several prominent market players are significantly exploring new camping sites as more and more people are showing interest in adventure camping and glamping. Besides this, companies are also significantly improving their digital presence to meet customer expectations and introducing new customer loyalty programs by providing personalized experiences and reserving exclusive offers for members.
- In January 2020, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. introduced a new lifestyle hotel brand ‘Tempo’, to serve the growing segment of modern achievers. This new chain of hotels, with wellness and sustainability at the foundation, will provide a unique experience to younger and eco-friendly travellers. This expansion is anticipated to help the company expand its product portfolio and market footprint worldwide.
- In 2020, ACSI Holding BV introduced new ACSI guides and apps for campers who likes to visit campsites with their own motorhome. This will enable travelers to camp at bargain prices off-season at more than 3,600 campsites in Europe. It will also provide extensive information about 8,000 ACSI-inspected campsites.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.