The Association of Travel Marketing Executives (ATME) announces the appointment of Henry H. Harteveldt as chairman of the board, as well as the newly elected executive committee, to continue the association’s mission of providing members with innovative marketing solutions to face challenges in the travel industry. The new ATME officers and executive committee members were elected at the organization’s June 12, 2011 board meeting.
Henry Harteveldt, a Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, Inc., replaces Joel Chusid as the chairman of ATME’s board. Named as one of the 33 most influential people in the travel industry by Travel Weekly magazine, Harteveldt is well respected for his research efforts that have helped travel industry professionals understand and anticipate changes in the field, particularly in developments in the online sector of the industry. His experience includes leadership roles at Continental Airlines, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, GetThere, and The Trump Organization.
Harteveldt will lead the executive committee of travel industry professionals in shaping the future of the organization by upholding the standards of travel marketing leadership and introducing members to new, creative marketing strategies. Throughout its tenure, the ATME executive committee will work with sub-committee teams to proactively create programs and develop strategies to implement the organization’s forums, conferences and various other initiatives. The newly-elected executive committee includes:
– Henry H. Harteveldt, Chairman (Vice President and Analyst, Forrester Research)
– Susan Black, Vice Chairman (Executive Vice President Global eCommerce, American Express Vacations)
– Jeff DeKorte, Secretary (Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing, Rand McNally)
– Jacqueline Johnson, Treasurer (Chief Executive Officer, Global Bridal Group)
– Joel M. Chusid, Immediate Past Chairman (Managing Director, Hainan Airlines)
– Pamela Johnston, Executive Committee Member At Large (President, Cloud 12 PR)
– Rob Torres, Executive Committee Member At Large (Managing Director, Travel, Google)
– Betsy O’Rourke, Executive Committee Member At Large (Senior Vice President of Marketing, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines)
– Jeff Senior, Executive Committee Member At Large (Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Fairmont/Raffles Hotels)
In addition to the new executive committee, ATME announces the following newly-appointed committees and their chairs:
– The Program Committee: Susan Black and Jeff DeKorte, chairs
– The Membership Committee: John Peters and Shri Lildharrie, chairs
– The ATLAS Awards Committee: Peggy Bendel and Pamela Johnston, chairs
– The Sponsorship Committee: Jacqueline Johnson, chair
– The Product Development Committee: Krista Pappas and Rob Torres, chairs.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.