An Insider’s Look at Thailand’s Inbound Russian Travel Sector.
The Russian travel market is essential to the success of the recovery of Thailand’s hospitality industry and importantly the Phuket Sandbox. The recent approval of the Sputnik vaccine means that arrivals from the Russian Federation are now poised to begin and it is with great anticipation. In 2019, Russian arrivals generated twenty percent of all international arrivals to Phuket with well over 700,000 direct arrivals to the island.
The timing too could not be better. The Phuket Sandbox has run smoothly for two months and it is fast moving into the peak season for Russian arrivals which is traditionally from November to March.
In collaboration with Delivering Asia Communications and C9 Hotelworks, Laguna Phuket is preparing a special one-hour virtual event on Thursday 9th, 3:00 pm Bangkok Time, which is a conversation with key experts and stakeholders covering government, tour operators, hotels and airlines. Guest speakers from on the ground in Russia and in Phuket will go deep into trends, requirements and address key issues.
- Khanittha Phanworawat – Director – Moscow Office, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)
- Ravi Chandran – CEO, Laguna Resorts and Hotels
- Olga Na Takuatoong – Deputy Managing Director, Exotic Voyage
- Marco Giarrizzo – General Manager Russia, Singapore Airlines
- Salim Akbas – Product Purchasing Manager, Odeon Tours Inbound Thailand
- Stefano Ruzza – Senior Vice President of Operations, S Hotels &Resorts
- Ekaterina Morozova – Russia Representative, DAC & Sparkle PR Media Group
- David Johnson – CEO, Delivering Asia Communications
- Bill Barnett – Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks