Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau will showcase 14 of the country’s best tour operators in line with its leading luxury hotels and resorts as part of its pavilion at the event.
Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau will officially open the Travel Industry Exhibition in a cultural celebration of traditional dance, music and authentic Sri Lankan food.
Launching the two-day exhibition, the media event will include a number of special guest speakers from both Sri Lanka and Australia who will highlight the hidden secrets of Sri Lanka and showcase the country’s unparalleled diversity - from its array of golden beaches to its rare unique wildlife, breathtaking landscapes and rich cultural heritage.
Only 65,610 square kilometres, the island’s small size and diverse landscape has already made the destination an emerging travel hot spot for many Australians, with a projected increase in visitation by 33 per cent or 108,000 people in 2018 alone according to the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau.
As the major destination partner of the Travel Industry Exhibition, Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau will showcase 14 of the country’s best tour operators in line with its leading luxury hotels and resorts as part of its pavilion at the event.
- WHAT: Sri Lanka Tourism official opening of the 2018 Travel Industry Exhibition
- WHEN: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 9am for breakfast followed by the official media event
- WHERE: Gold Room, Dockside Darling Harbour, Wharf 3, Sydney 2000
Special guests include:
High Commissioner of Sri Lanka for Australia, H.E. Somasundaram Skandakumar Consul General of Sri Lanka for New South Wales and Queensland, Mr Lal Wickramatunge Managing Director for the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, Mr Sutheash Balasubramaniam Member for Epping in New South Wales, Mr Damien Tudehope, MP Director of the New South Wales Office for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ms Rhonda Piggott
- Traditional Sri Lankan performance by dancers and drummers
- Official welcome by Managing Director for the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau
- Ribbon cutting ceremony with all dignitaries and special guests
- Serving of an authentic Sri Lankan breakfast hoppers and Ceylon tea