Seminar: Tackling the Skills Crisis in Thai Hospitality Industry
SKÅL INTERNATIONAL BANGKOK (SI BKK) is proud to support this interactive Seminar and Workshop. Colleagues from across the Thai hospitality industry have joined forces with Oxford Brookes University; the Oxford Cultural Collective and the Asean Professional Beverage Academy to deliver a high-impact seminar focused on Tackling the Skills Deficit in Thai Hospitality. The event, which will take place on 12th July 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok, is supported by SI BKK and the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand.
Objectives of event:
- To identify and analyse the nature and impact of the skills gap in the Thai hospitality industry;
- To explore creative solutions to tackling the skills gap
- To build a collective network of hospitality and tourism professionals dedicated to enhancing the appeal of employment in the Thai hospitality industry
Thailand is recognised worldwide as a leading destination for leisure and business tourism. It is renowned for its natural beauty, the warmth and professionalism of its hospitality and the distinctiveness of its cuisine. In recent years the hospitality industry has experienced rapid growth, making it even more challenging to find sufficient numbers of skilled staff to deliver the outstanding service that visitors have come to expect.
This seminar will be the first in an annual series focused on creative means of attracting and retaining 'high-potential' and skilled staff into the Thai hospitality industry. The aim is to create a high-impact event that will inspire delegates to implement new and innovative approaches to staff recruitment and retention. In addition to keynote contributors, a panel of experts will reflect on approaches to addressing the hospitality sector skills deficit.
Donald Sloan, Chair of the Oxford Cultural Collective, commented: "We have met with numerous senior figures from the Thai hospitality sector, and it is clear they are facing one common challenge: how to attract sufficient numbers of talented staff who can meet the demands of sophisticated guests. The Thai hospitality sector is a victim of its own success - rapid growth creates higher demand for the best staff. At this seminar progressive and innovative practitioners will share insights aimed at tackling this issue."
- 3pm Registration
- 3.30pm Keynote speakers and expert panel
- 5.30pm Refreshment break
- 5.45pm Wine and Spirit Educational Trust (WSET) workshop Food & Wine Pairing and How to Taste like a Pro
- 6.30pm Networking reception and presentation of Oxford Cultural Collective Award
The Seminar, Workshop & Travel and Tourism Networking event will take place at: Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok
On Thursday 12th July 2018 from 3pm to 7pm
- Where: Grand Hyatt Erawan
- Nearest BTS: Chitlom
- When: Thursday 12th July 2018 from 3pm to 7pm
- What: Workshop,Seminar & Networking Cocktail
- Price: FREE
- Reservations: via Skal.biz
Confirmed speakers are:
- Nikhom Jensiriratanakorn, Director, Horwath HTL (Thailand)
- Angela Maher, Acting Head, the Oxford School of Hospitality Management
- Terri Fynch, Head of HR Operations InterContinental Hotels Group South East Asia Korea & New Hotels AMEA
- Siradej Donavanik, Managing Director, Asai Holdings Co., Ltd., Dusit International
- Chris Martin, International Development Advisor - Asia, WSET
- Donald Sloan, Chair and Founder, the Oxford Cultural Collective
For more informaiton please contact: [email protected]
Tackling the Skills Crisis in the Thai Hospitality Industry is organised by Oxford Brookes.
Andrew J WOOD
Skål International Bangkok
Vision statement: A Trusted Voice in Travel and Tourism since 1934
Skål International Bangkok | Club No.153 | Inaugurated on the 28th September 1956