The trade mission features a three-day workshop, where participating Queensland tourism businesses will have one-on-one meetings with up to 100 tourism trade representatives from across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
A contingent of 38 Queensland companies featuring 49 delegates has joined Tourism and Events Queensland in Tianjin, China this week for the 2019 Queensland on Tour Greater China mission.
The trade mission features a three-day workshop, where participating Queensland tourism businesses will have one-on-one meetings with up to 100 tourism trade representatives from across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, building on new and existing partnerships through training and networking opportunities.
Tourism and Events Queensland CEO Leanne Coddington said Queensland on Tour Greater China provided a valuable opportunity for local tourism businesses to develop connections with key trade representatives in market.
“This year’s Queensland on Tour Greater China will showcase our world-class tourism experiences by bringing together 38 Queensland tourism businesses with 100 travel partners,” she said.
“Tourism and Events Queensland is committed to working with our industry to identify opportunities in our largest international market, with 502,000 Chinese visitors spending $1.4 billion in the year ending September 2018.
“Initiatives such as Queensland on Tour are an important part of TEQ’s trade engagement approach and we will continue to work with our partners on opportunities to grow this vitally important market.”
Participating Queensland businesses:
Cairns and Great Barrier Reef region
- Tourism Tropical North Queensland
- Café China Seafood Restaurant and Groups
- Cairns Adventure Group
- Cairns Aquarium
- Cairns Colonial Club Resort and Palm Royale Cairns
- Divers Den
- Dundee’s Restaurant Waterfront Dining
- KUR-Cow Barnwell Farm
- Nautilus Aviation
- Paronella Park
- Quicksilver Group
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Sunlover Reef Cruises and Hides Hotel Cairns
- The CaPTA Group
- Wildlife Tropical North Queensland
- Ocean Rafting (represents Cairns and Whitsundays)
- GSL Aviation (represents Whitsundays and Cairns)
- Airlie Beach Hotel
- Hamilton Island
- Brisbane Marketing
- Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Sofitel Brisbane Central
- Tangalooma Island Resort
Southern Queensland Country
- Cherrabah Resort
- The Ginger Factory
- SeaLink Fraser Island / Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Destination Gold Coast
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dreamworld / SkyPoint
- Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
- The Star Gold Coast
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks
Whole of State
- Accor Hotels / Mantra Group
- Adagold Aviation
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Queensland
- Minor Hotels