The PWCC is designed as a flexible and multi-purpose integrated venue located on the eastern coastline of Penang, Malaysia, with appealing water views.
IJM PERENNIAL DEVELOPMENT SDN. BHD, the developer of the Penang Waterfront Convention & Exhibition Centre (PWCC) has commenced the search for an international venue operator. It is seeking an operator to undertake sales, marketing, operations, catering and facilities management.
The PWCC is designed as a flexible and multi-purpose integrated venue located on the eastern coastline of Penang, Malaysia, with appealing water views. It is integrated to extensive retail, dining and parking in a mixed development project and connected to two on-site international standard hotels offering 745 rooms.
PWCC’s key features include:
- divisible exhibition hall of 7000 sqm with full overhead grid and in-floor services
- plenary seating options of 700, 1200 and 4500
- banquet capacity of up to 4000 persons
- a grand ballroom of 800 seats
- up to 15 meeting rooms of various sizes
- VIP lounges, organizer offices, storage, and other ancillary spaces
Request For Proposal (RFP) Details:
- Deadline to submit proposals: 10 July 2017 up to 4 pm, Kuala Lumpur time
- For a copy of the RFP or more information, contact: Ms Richa Kansal, [email protected]
- Final date for questions about this RFP – 5 June 2017 up to 4pm, Kuala Lumpur time.
According to data from the Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB), Malaysia’s business events industry in Malaysia is valued at RM18 billion (exchange rate: RM100 = USD23.1265) p.a. to the Malaysian economy (based on 1.2 million visitors) and expected to generate RM4 billion in incremental GNI and an additional 16,700 jobs by 2020 under Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Programme (source: MyCEB). The Penang State Government has recognised the value of this lucrative sector and established the Penang Convention & Exhibition Bureau in 2016 to intensify efforts to bring in more quality events and conventions to Penang.