Looking at official data for over 65,000 flights over the course of an entire month, Colibra have assessed which airlines and airports are most often subject to flight delays and cancellations. They also examined which airlines experience the longest average flight delay.
The newly released Flight Delay & Cancellation Index has analysed over 60,000 flights to find which airlines and airports are most likely to cause passenger disruption. The results include:
- Jin Air is the airline with the most delays
- Shenzhen Airlines has the longest average delay
- Air Arabia is subject to most cancellations
- Passengers are most likely to be delayed setting off from Dubai International Airport
- Passengers are most likely to arrive late into Gimpo International Airport
The airline which was found to experience the most delays is Jin Air, which saw 85.48% of their flights delayed over the period analysed. The airline with the longest average delay time is Shenzhen Airlines, which experienced an average delay time of 30.29 minutes, with over 50% of their flights experiencing a delay. Air Arabia was the airline which experienced the highest number of cancellations, with an astounding 91.63% of their flights cancelled during the time period analysed.
Meanwhile, Dubai International Airport is the departure point where passengers are most likely to experience a delay setting off, and Gimpo International Airport in South Korea is the airport where flights are most likely to arrive late.