Welcome Daehakro is held every fall and aims to provide tourists with the opportunity to enjoy a variety of performing arts styles and genres.
Korea’s representative performing arts festival, “Welcome Daehakro,” is taking place in the area of Daehangno and Jongno-gu from September 27 to October 29.
Welcome Daehakro is held every fall and aims to provide tourists with the opportunity to enjoy a variety of performing arts styles and genres such as nonverbal, traditional, musicals, plays and more.
This year’s festival features the addition of the online program Welcome K-Stage, through which people all over the world can watch performances. The program runs on the last Friday of the month from July to November, airing 20:00-24:00 KST.
The opening ceremony, Welcome Show, will also be streamed online through YouTube on September 27. The ceremony will be hosted by actress Park So-dam, the honorary ambassador of performing arts tourism in Korea.
Many more programs, both online and offline, will be available exclusively during the festival period.
2021 Welcome Daehakro
Period: September 27 – October 29
* Welcome Theater performances available September 16 – November 14
Online programs (Special Events)
- Fan Meet-up with Hallyu Musical Stars: Listen to the singing and stories of popular musical actors
- Music concert STUDIO LIVE: Featuring the lives of artists
- Talk concert LIVE TALK: Behind-the-scene stories of performances
- Mini concert ROOFTOP LIVE: Songs and performances from steady-seller performances
* Online programs are planned to be aired live through the official Welcome Daehakro YouTube channel, but the online platform is subject to change
Offline programs (Welcome Theater)
- Period: September 16 – November 14
- Venue: Seokyeong University Theater Arts Center SKON 1 & 2
- Musicals: Pirate, Le Petit Prince, Black Mary Poppins, Every Show’s a First Today, The Blue Fairy, The Last Man, The Brothers Karamazov
- Concert: Pimatgol Sonata, a Mini Concert
- Play: Almost Maine