Resort Income at Rs. 91 Crs (+30% YoY);Total Income at Rs. 336 Crs (+18% YoY).
MUMBAI – Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd., India’s leisure hospitality provider reported its standalone and consolidated financials for the third quarter ending 31st December 2022.
Operational Highlights (Standalone) – Q3 FY23
- Member additions at 4,176 up by 13% YoY.
- Membership Sales Value up by 19% YoY.
- Average Unit Realization (AUR) at Rs. 4.5 lakhs3 vs Rs. 4.2 lakhs in Q3 FY22.
- Cumulative member base stands at 2,77,221, with 85% fully paid.
- High resort occupancies at 85%4 vs 80%4 in Q3 FY22.
- Highest ever Occupied Room Nights (+16% YoY).
- New resorts at Ranthambore (Rajasthan), Koyna (Maharashtra) and Khopoli (Maharashtra) have added 80 Keys5 to the existing inventory.
- Total inventory consists of 4,684 rooms across 86 resorts.
Note: 1. Refer Table “MHRIL Standalone one-offs; 2. Refer Table “MHRIL Consolidated one-offs”; 3. Average Unit Realization (AUR) includes Upgrades. 4. Occupancy as a % of operational room inventory; 5. Gross room additions
Standalone Financial Highlights – Q3 FY23
- Highest ever
Total Income at Rs. 336 Crs (+18% YoY) excluding one-offs.
Resort Income at Rs. 91 Crs (+30% YoY) driven by higher occupied room nights and member spends.
EBITDA at Rs. 99 Crs (+17% YoY) excluding one-offs; EBITDA Margin at 29.3% (up 300 bps vs pre-pandemic – Q3 FY20).
- Highest ever Q3 PBT at Rs. 56 Crs (+17% YoY) excluding one-offs*. PBT Margin at 16.7%.
- Cash position at Rs. 1,089 Crs, up by Rs. 71 Crs during the quarter.
- Total Income at Rs. 943 Crs (+26% YoY) excluding one-offs.
- Resort Income at Rs. 243 Crs (+79% YoY).
- EBITDA at Rs. 268 Crs (+18% YoY) excluding one-offs; EBITDA Margin at 28.4% (up 500 bps vs pre-pandemic – 9M FY20).
- PBT at Rs. 145 Crs (+17% YoY) excluding one-offs. PBT Margin at 15.4%.
Consolidated Financial Highlights -Q3 FY23
- Total Income at Rs. 597 Crs (+4% YoY) excluding one-offs.
- EBITDA at Rs. 121 Crs (+17% YoY) excluding one-offs*. EBITDA Margin at 20.2%.
- PBT at Rs. 23 Crs (+104% YoY) excluding one-offs.
- Total Income at Rs. 1,862 Crs (+18% YoY) excluding one-offs.
- EBITDA at Rs. 380 Crs (+17% YoY) excluding one-offs; EBITDA Margin at 20.4%.
- PBT at Rs. 97 Crs (+91% YoY) excluding one-offs.
Commenting on the performance, Kavinder Singh, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd. said, “Our strategy of scaling up room inventory at an accelerated pace, creating exceptional family vacation experiences at our resorts along with growth in high quality member additions and upgrades by existing members has helped us deliver highest ever quarterly Resort Income and Total Income. Profit margins have significantly improved vs pre-pandemic levels.”
Commenting on European operations, he added, “Despite Q3 being a low holidaying season in Finland and high inflation levels along with ongoing geopolitical situation, Holiday Club Resorts has delivered improved performance in Timeshare and Spa Hotel Revenues on a year-on-year basis with higher occupancies than the local hotel industry. Winter holiday season augurs well for higher occupancies in Q4 aided by growing international and domestic travel demand.”
Highlighting Consolidated Q3 performance, he elaborated, “PBT has grown by 104% YoY and EBITDA by 17% YoY, excluding one-offs.”
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.