Chef Loki is a past contestant of MasterChef Australia and is known not just for his culinary repertoire but also his ability to entertain and curate memorable dining experiences.
CHENNAI – Park Hyatt Chennai was proud to inaugurate MasterChef Loki Madireddi’s two – week residency at Park Hyatt Chennai in the presence of Ms. Sarah Kirlew, Australian Consul General for South India, Mr. Sascha Lenz, General Manager, Park Hyatt Chennai, Mr. Loki Madireddi, Chef and Co-Founder Trust the Loki Culinary Fellowship, Mr. Balaji Natarajan, Executive Chef, Park Hyatt Chennai and Mrs. Deepika Nagasamy, Director Dindigul Thalappakatti Hotels Pvt Ltd. The launch kicked off with “Australia & India – Friendship Through Food” discussion and also featured an exciting food tasting conducted by Chef Loki.
Park Hyatt Chennai plays host to an exclusive two-week residency with Chef Loki Madireddi from Melbourne, Australia. Chef Loki is a past contestant of MasterChef Australia and is known not just for his culinary repertoire but also his ability to entertain and curate memorable dining experiences. Guests can expect exclusive degustation curated as train journeys through India, the fun and frolic of Toddy shops with bar food and some classic Aussie Backyard BBQ for Sunday brunch. Each event is unique and Chef Loki is here to entertain his hometown of Chennai.
Speaking about the collaboration Mr. Sascha Lenz, General Manager, Park Hyatt Chennai said, “We are very excited to have Chef Loki back at Park Hyatt Chennai for another showcase of his culinary offerings. This time it’s a two-week residency filled with multiple events at our restaurants. Our guests can look forward to dinners, brunches and bar eats prepared in his typical style using Australian, Indian and Asian flavours and ingredients. I can confidently say that this is an incredible opportunity for food lovers.”
Chef Loki added, “This exclusive residency at Park Hyatt Chennai is my ode to the city, combining bold Indian flavours from my childhood with native Australian ingredients that I have grown to cherish. It’s my true homecoming!”
The execution of this food extravaganza rests with Chef Balaji Natarajan who along with his talented team will ensure Chef Loki’s vision comes to life. Always up for a challenge, his passion for food drives him to high levels of creativity.
Schedule of Events
- Toddy Shop – Short eats by Loki influenced by Australia and Asia with beverage pairings and a fun and frolic A la Carte menu at The Flying Elephant Bar from 7pm to 11pm on April 11th, 12th, 16th and 19th, 2023.
- Journey along the Silk Route – A special menu showcasing street food from Asia with a focus on spices at Mr. Ong Restaurant from 7pm to 11pm on April 14th, 2023.
- Dinner on Alleppey Express – Travel from Chennai to Alleppey on a degustation journey inspired by the 13 year old Loki who ran off from home with the idea to move to Alleppey at The Flying Elephant from 7:30pm onwards on April 15th, 2023.
- Aussie Backyard Sparkling Brunch – Aussie Backyard Sparkling Brunch showcasing modern Australian BBQ with an Asian influence at The Flying Elephant from 12:30pm to 3:30pm on April 16th and 23rd, 2023.
- Dinner on Coromandel Express – Jump aboard Coromandel express from Calcutta to Chennai showcasing street food favourites of Chef Loki and Chef Abinas Nayak (MasterChef India 2020 and recipient of Chef Loki’s fellowship) at The Flying Elephant from 7:30pm onwards on April 21st , 2023.
- Dinner on Chennai Express – The final dinner journey is an ode to Chennai where Chef Loki grew up and fell in love with food. Expect familiar flavours with an unfamiliar and unique experience at The Flying Elephant from 7:30pm onwards on April 22nd, 2023.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.