The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is an economic development agency for one of Singapore’s key service sectors – tourism. The mission of the Board is to develop and champion tourism, so as to build the sector into a key driver of economic growth for Singapore.
With its strategic tourism units covering the key purposes of visit by tourists, the STB will work towards revitalising traditional segments ranging from sightseeing and attractions to business travel, as well as actively tap into emerging segments such as healthcare and education services.
These initiatives will be reinforced by STB’s international operations which cover the key markets in Asia, Oceania, Europe and Americas, with expanded resources to capitalise on growth markets like China and India.
STB’s goal is to create exciting and innovative experiences for our visitors, in close partnership with the trade industry, thus etching forever in visitors’ minds an image of Singapore as a unique and compelling destination.
To be a leading economic development agency in tourism, always setting new benchmarks and pioneering best practices.
We develop and champion tourism, so as to build the sector into a key driver of economic growth for Singapore.
- We are focussed on achieving our mission and vision.
- We put the customer first.
- We are proactive. We take initiative and are relentless in pursuing our goals.
- We value knowledge as our core tool. We build deep knowledge. We use it and share it.
- We are boundary less in our mindset and approach. We think beyond constraints and work collaboratively.
- We are enterprising. We challenge norms, take risks and are willing to experiment.
- We find passion and put fun in everything we do.
Nine Strategic Tourism Units (STUs) were established to reflect the core purposes underlying most visitor arrivals. These STUs are:
Business Travel & MICE Group
- Business Travel & MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions)
- Healthcare Services
- Education Services
- Mega Events
- Special Projects (Arts)
- Lifestyle & Events
- Sightseeing & Cruise
- Tourism Shopping
- Food & Beverage
Synergising and integrating the work of the STUs in the Leisure Group is the Leisure Marketing Division.
With the strategic priority of rejuvenating core segments such as shopping and sightseeing, growing the cruise, events as well as business travel and MICE segments, and developing emerging healthcare and education segments, the units will work very closely with the industry to develop exciting and innovative experiences to entice more visitors to Singapore.
STUs operate like business units in the private sector, where performance targets are set and each unit manages a broad range of tourism activities, including concept development, marketing, and industry enhancement.