The travel & tourism industry in Asia is developing at a very rapid pace, pushing event managers and travel agents to constantly search for new solutions to create cutting-edge corporate meetings, incentive programs and FIT travel programs and packages. Consequently, new and exciting MICE and leisure destinations are required to answer the growing market need and offer the best travel and tourism solutions.
The fourth edition of MICE Asia responds to those needs by offering over 150 Asian corporate buyers and travel agencies the chance to outsource their MICE and FIT solutions on the spot without having to attend dozens of tradeshows a year. They will have the opportunity to meet leading hotel chains, exotic destinations, convention centres, meeting venues, incentive programs and destination management companies from all over the world, such as the biggest event sponsors: Maistra, MCI Group, International Convention Centre Durban, and RST Communications.
MICE Asia 2008 is working in strategic partnership with Event Platform, Exhibit & Event Magazine, MICE China, MICE Contact, MICE in Asia, MICEpoint, and Travel Daily News.
Kenneth Phua, the Regional Director Asia-Pacific of Association of Corporate Travel Executives will be moderating the keynote presentations led by industry-rentowned experts. Topics that will be discussed include the latest trends and challenges of the travel and tourism industry in Asia.
The conference program will include the following:
- Anthony Wong, Group Managing Director, AOS Conventions & Events, 2nd Vice President, International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA)
“Expectations of event professionals from industry suppliers, what do they search for when planning a successful MICE event?”
- Didier Scaillet, Vice President of Global Development, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
“Trends in the meetings industry; meetings management”
- Dr. Yuwa Hedrick-Wong, Economic Advisor (Asia/Pacific), MasterCard Worldwide
“Globalization and knowledge sharing: making MICE relevant in the new global economy”
- Stuart Rowley, Chief Executive Officer & Board of Director, Prince Court Medical Centre
- Scott Friedman, Motivational Humorist, www.FunnyScott.com
“The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Create it”
- Max Starkov, President & CEO, Hospitality eBusiness Strategies
“Internet marketing challenges and opportunities”
- Bert van Walbeek, Managing Director, The Winning Edge
“Risk + crisis management in MICE Industry, mission impossible?”
- Dr. Noel Robert Scott, School of Tourism, The University of Queensland
“Strategic tourism destination management”
- Shannon Kilkenny, Author & Owner, The Complete Guide to Successful Event Planning & Enterprising Events
“10 steps to planning a successful event. How to integrate environmental practices in your planning process”