Flying returns transforming into India’s most rewarding airline loyalty programme.
NEW DELHI – Air India, India’s leading airline and a Star Alliance member, has given wings to its Frequent Flyer Programme – ‘Flying Returns’ (FR) with a limited-time opportunity for members to fast-track their tier status upgrade or renewal with just 50 % of the usual required qualifying FR points.
This accelerated path to enjoying the benefits offered by Air India and other members of the 25-strong Star Alliance is in line with the airline’s mission to establish Flying Returns as amongst the most rewarding loyalty programmes globally.
Commenting on the promotion, Nipun Aggarwal, Chief Commercial Officer, said, “As we continue to transition to a global best aviation loyalty programme, we wanted to have many more of our members experience the benefits of India’s oldest and largest loyalty program, at a time when we have significantly improved the member experience and continue to make further improvements. We are committed to the needs and preferences of our passengers and will continue to deliver innovative programmes and products to enhance our members’ experience.”
The refreshed Flying Returns programme offers compelling benefits and rewards for every member. These include:
- Star Alliance Advantages: Flying Returns is the only airline programme in India that offers its members access to the global network connectivity provided by Star Alliance through its 25 other international member airlines. With Flying Returns, members have access to over 1 lakh redemption seats every month on Air India and Star Alliance partner airlines. Members can fly Air India or any other 25 global Star Alliance member airlines and earn points every time they travel. Air India has recently refreshed its website and members can now easily use the Miles Calculator to track accrual rates on each route. Gold & Maharaja Club Members also enjoy access to a global lounge network across 200 countries.
- No Blackout Date: Air India is one of the few airlines which has done away with blackout dates, so a redemption seat will be available for members even during peak season and festival periods.
- Benefits Related to Travel: With easier access to premium tiers through the Fast Track promotion, more members will get access to an array of services such as Family Pooling plans, global lounge access via Star Alliance Network, best-in-class extra baggage allowance, and priority check-in and boarding for Tier Members.
- Benefits Related to Reservation: Members now also get access to a diverse range of benefits on booking, including a Welcome Bonus on first travel after enrolment as well as an additional bonus on booking through the Air India website and mobile app.
- Extended Validity of FR Points: Air India has recently extended the validity of Flying Returns points and tier status till June 30, 2023. Points validity can be further extended to the end of the year if members undertake any accrual or redemption activity in their account from April 1st to June 30th 2023.
- Family Pooling: The Family Pooling facility allows two or more individual members, who are related to each other, to link their accounts and combine earned Flying Returns into a single account for easier redemption. Each member will still have a different account number, but they can use miles from the connected accounts when making a redemption.
- Retro Claim Offer: Flying Returns now also allows members to claim points for past flights via the ‘Retro Claim’ option. Members can claim points for travel on Air India within the past one year, or six months on any Star Alliance partner airline.
- Enhanced Customer Care: Air India’s website now provides a single point of contact for Flying Returns members, with premium call centre service for Tier Members to be launched soon.
The revamped website of Air India offers a refreshed loyalty experience for members, making it easier for them to check the status of their miles on the website while presenting all relevant information at a glance.
Tatiana is the news co-ordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes to monitor the hundrends of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skim the most important according to our strategy. She holds a Bachelor degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.