From luxury to economy, Accor has 18 international brands across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia, including SO/, Sofitel, MGallery, Art Series, Pullman, Swissôtel, Mövenpick, Grand Mercure, Peppers, The Sebel, Mantra, Novotel, Mercure, Tribe, BreakFree, ibis, ibis Styles and ibis budget.
Accor reveals some of its newest properties across Australia and New Zealand that travellers can look forward to visiting in 2023 and beyond. Accor Pacific Chief Executive Officer, Sarah Derry, said: “2023 will be another strong year of growth and investment in communities for Accor. We are introducing fresh concepts and exciting new properties for our loyal guests to discover in our great cities and in beautiful destinations around Australia and New Zealand.”
The following new Accor hotels, resorts and apartments will open their doors in 2023…
- NSW | Hotel Morris (opening January 2023): Sydney CBD’s historic 1929-built West End Hotel at 412 Pitt Street, for more than 30 years Australia’s tallest hotel, will reopen as Hotel Morris, an evocative bar and boutique hotel, following an extensive refurbishment. The 82-room hotel will feature a ground floor restaurant and bar on Pitt Street, and a spectacular rooftop bar.
- NSW | Manly Pacific – MGallery (opening January 2023): This Sydney icon with front-row seats to Manly Beach will redefine coastal luxury after joining Accor’s MGallery Hotel Collection and unveiling its transformation from January 2023. Designed as an ode to the ocean, in collaboration with Australian designers Coco Republic, the contemporary hotel features 213 rooms, an exclusive residence, nine suites with wellness experiences centred around the ocean, a rooftop pool, and a new conference and events space.
- NSW | Pullman Sydney Penrith (opening Q4 2023): The 153-room Pullman Sydney Penrith hotel forms part of Panthers Group’s landmark transformation of the Penrith Panthers precinct to create a new state-of-the-art business and entertainment destination. The hotel is adjoined to the new 1,250 square metre Western Sydney Conference Centre (WSCC) and will boast a range of onsite facilities, including a restaurant and bar with private dining rooms, along with a ground-floor café.
- QLD | Mercure Hotel Cairns (opening January 2023): Accor will bring its leading Mercure hotel brand to the coastal holiday hotspot of Cairns in Tropical North Queensland with the opening of Mercure Hotel Cairns. The new hotel emerges following a multi-million dollar refurbishment and rebrand of ibis Styles Cairns. Surrounded and inspired by nature, Mercure Hotel Cairns comprises 75 spacious guestrooms and a new modern Australian restaurant serving the finest local produce.
- NZ | JO&JOE Auckland Fort Street (opening Q3 2023): JO&JOE’s culture of sharing, spontaneity, and individual experiences brings travellers together and unites the fun of a hostel and the comforts of a hotel, appealing to a broad community of global explorers. JO&JOE Auckland Fort Street will be housed in a historic building in the heart of downtown Auckland and will feature 63 rooms, lively common spaces, a lobby café, and a rooftop terrace.
- NZ | TRIBE Auckland Fort Street (opening Q3 2023): The 60-room Tribe Auckland Fort Street will bring a bold design edit to Auckland’s hotel scene, with 60 cleverly-designed guestrooms, the latest technologies, a lobby bar, and terrace.
- NZ | Pullman Auckland Airport (opening Q4 2023): The 313-room Te Arikinui Pullman will provide a spectacular gateway for guests arriving and departing Aotearoa New Zealand. Infused with uniquely Waikato-Tainui cultural elements, the hotel features a top floor restaurant and bar with spectacular views across the runway and out to the Manukau Heads, and a ground floor café.
- NZ | The Sebel Wellington Lower Hutt (opening Q2 2023): Overlooking the Hutt River and just a short drive from Wellington International Airport, this stylish apartment-style hotel will feature 60 fully serviced studios and one-bedroom apartments, along with a lively restaurant and bar called Biscotti.
- NZ | Hyde Queenstown (opening Q3 2023): Boasting an iconic presence on Shotover Street, which is lined with restaurants, bars and shopping, Hyde Queenstown will offer 63 guestrooms, plus a restaurant and bar. The DNA of every Hyde property is consistent, but each hotel is designed with its location in mind, ensuring that no two Hydes are exactly alike.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.