Travellers’ Choice Awards reveal world’s most popular restaurants, plus hidden gems to try. 14 Restaurants in Asia make it to the World’s Best Lists.
SINGAPORE – Tripadvisor announced the next in its community-powered Travellers’ Choice Awards series: the 2022 Best of the Best Restaurants. Here to help everyone discover all the must-visit restaurants when travelling, Tripadvisor is sharing the top-rated spots across the globe, inclusive of six different subcategories of restaurant types.
Award-winning restaurants this year spanned six continents and 51 countries. Global labour challenges and ongoing COVID-19 restrictions continued to limit dine-in capacity in some markets – for instance, some Asian nations were closed to international tourists for nearly the entire data evaluation period. Still, gourmands the world over savoured dining out, leaving millions of reviews on Tripadvisor chronicling their experiences.
“Dining out is an internationally beloved pastime: for many restaurant-goers, it’s frequenting their favourite neighbourhood eatery and for others, it’s snagging a table at a top-rated restaurant on vacation. More than half of consumers in a recent survey* told us that food is the most exciting component of their trip,” said Lauren Murphy, Vice President, GM of Hospitality Solutions at Tripadvisor. “Like searching through a big menu for the perfect meal, recommendations can be helpful in decision making, and our community’s guidance makes choosing from the wide array of restaurants easier. Tripadvisor’s Best of the Best Awards, decided by people who visited and reviewed these places in the past year, offers authentic recommendations for the best places to eat no matter the occasion!”
Diners looking to celebrate a special occasion or splurge on an elegant night out should look no further than the Best of the Best Fine Dining winners. The No. 1 Fine Dining Restaurant in the world for 2022 is The Old Stamp House Restaurant in Ambleside, United Kingdom. Taking the No. 1 spot for the second consecutive year, Old Stamp House, run by two brothers, is revered for its intimate, unique setting and tasting menu.
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in Asia:
- Akira Back – Bangkok, Thailand (Also ranked #17 in the World)
- Summer Pavilion – Singapore (Also ranked #22 in the World)
- Tin Lung Heen – Hong Kong (Also ranked #23 in the World)
- Mandarin Grill + Bar at Mandarin Oriental – Hong Kong (Also ranked #24 in the World)
- The District Grill Room and Bar – Bangkok, Thailand
- The Raj Pavilion – Bengaluru, India
- Boy’N’Cow – Seminyak, Indonesia
- Kaage at VARU by Atmosphere – Madivaru, Maldives (Also ranked #2 Best Date Night Restaurant in the World)
- China Blue by Jereme Leung – Pasay, Philippines
- Karavalli – Bengaluru, India
Have an anniversary coming up or want to impress a date? The Best of the Best Date Night Restaurants reveal places ideal for couples to enjoy a meal out. Altto Ristorante & Lounge Bar in Brazil has been crowned the most romantic restaurant in the world for 2022. With a breathtaking view of the Bay of Armação and unparalleled gastronomic experience, it’s clear why couples love dining here. Closer to home, two restaurants in Asia made it to the World list – Kaage at VARU by Atmosphere in the Maldives ranked #2 in the World and Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar in Thailand ranked #25.
For many, atmosphere is just as important as the quality of the meal or occasion. Diners seeking the most Instagram-worthy culinary experiences can scroll through Tripadvisor’s Best of the Best Picture-Perfect Restaurants list: gorgeous places where the restaurant looks as good as the food tastes – perfect for a selfie. Here are the top 10 in the world. (This wanderlust-provoking list is only awarded at the world-level.)
- Sunset Monalisa – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- KOMA Singapore – Singapore
- 7 Thalasses – Crete, Greece
- La Yola Restaurant – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- The Flying Fishbone – Savaneta, Aruba
- Porfirio’s Cancún – Cancun, Mexico
- Koral Restaurant – Bali, Indonesia
- Tomo – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Adamo ed Eva by Eden Roc – Positano, Italy
- Man Wah – Hong Kong, China
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.