Latest News
HomeAsia-PacificSurvey: Beijing remains most popular tourism destination

Survey: Beijing remains most popular tourism destination

Beijing is rated as China’s most popular tourism destination, followed by…

Beijing is rated as China<.>‘s most popular tourism destination, followed by Shanghai and Xi’an, according to a new survey.

The survey, by Hunan Tourism Bureau, Hunan Normal University and Hunan Institute of Commerce, shows that its scenery, historical and cultural value, transport and prosperous economy are the main reasons people pick Beijing as a tourism site.

The survey also listed the other top-ten popular destinations as Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Kunming, Changsha, Guilin and Dalian.

According to the survey, cloisonne is still regarded as the most well-known tourist souvenir of China with 28 percent interviewees expressing their fondness for it. Porcelain, tri-colored glazed pottery, Hunan embroidery and jade were next.

Interviewees came from all walks of life, including students, civil servants, teachers, workers, business people and private enterprise employees, and 62.69 percent were city dwellers, while the other 37.31 percent were rural residents.

Liu Han, an official with Hunan Tourism Bureau said that after China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, the tourism industry faced fierce international competition as the country still needed internationally high-profile tourism destinations.

Co-Founder & Managing Editor - TravelDailyNews Media Network | + Articles

Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.

24/06/2024
21/06/2024
20/06/2024
19/06/2024
18/06/2024
17/06/2024