The Association presents the Face of the Future annual award to an exceptional 'rising star' in the industry.
BANGKOK – The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is now accepting submissions for PATA Face of the Future 2017. The winner will receive complimentary round-trip economy class air ticket and two-night accommodation to attend the Association’s Dinner and Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit, May 18-21, 2017 at the Jetwing Blue Hotelin Negombo, Sri Lanka. Deadline for submissions is March 17, 2017.
The winner will also be invited to join a panel discussion on ‘The Real Future of Tourism – Young Tourism Professionals’ and share their ideas with other industry leaders. The winner benefits from global media exposure via PATA’s far-reaching communication channels and will be invited to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer.
PATA is an organisation dedicated to human capital development across the broad spectrum of the travel and tourism industry. The primary focus of the Association’s Human Capital Development programme for 2017 is on the ‘Young Tourism Professional’ (YTP).
The Association presents the Face of the Future annual award to an exceptional ‘rising star’ in the industry. All recipients of this prestigious award have exhibited initiative and leadership in the advancement of tourism as well as demonstrating commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA’s mission.
“PATA has always put great emphasis on human capital development within the Asia Pacific region and our Face of the Future award provides us with the perfect opportunity to showcase a young tourism professional who is making a meaningful and effective contribution to the responsible development of the travel and tourism industry,” said PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy. “As the PATA Face of the Future the winner will lend a voice to young tourism professionals everywhere – not only during the panel session at the PATA Annual Summit in Sri Lanka but as a non-voting member of our Executive Board.”
An individual is eligible to enter the 2017 PATA ‘Face of the Future’ Award if he or she is:
- Aged 35 and below as of May 21, 2017
- Working for a PATA member organisation in good-standing as of May 21, 2017 or is undertaking post-graduate travel and tourism studies at a PATA member educational institution
The judges will seek to identify an individual who has best:
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects)Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA’s mission
The finalists will be judged by former PATA Face of the Future Winners, external judges and members of the PATA management team.
How to enter
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person may submit the nomination.
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee’s full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee’s experiences to date and aspirations for the future of travel and tourism. Movie clips shot on smart phones or tablets are acceptable.
- Please email the entry, clearly labelled ‘PATA Face of the Future 2017 Nomination’, to Parita Niemwongse at fof@PATA.org by March 17, 2017.
Winner will receive:
- Round-trip economy air ticket and two-night accommodation to join the Association’s Dinner and PATA Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit 2017 in Negombo, Sri Lanka
- Invitation to the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer
- Invitation to join a panel discussion on “The Real Future of Tourism – Young Tourism Professionals” during the PATA Annual Summit 2017
- Global media exposure
The results will be notified to all entrants by March 24, 2017. Public announcement will be made by March 30, 2017.
Photo caption: Mr Danny Ho, Executive Pastry Chef, Hotel ICON, Hong Kong SAR and PATA Face of the Future 2016
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.