China Southern Airlines announced that China Northern Airlines and Xinjiang Airlines are now…
China Southern Airlines announced that China Northern Airlines and Xinjiang Airlines are now using China Southern Airlines` flight code – CZ – on all domestic (China) flights. International flight code integration begins March 30.
This unified flight code usage marks just another step forward by the China Southern Air Holding Company in its practical integration of all three carriers into the China Southern Airlines family.
China Northern Airlines` code CJ and Xinjiang Airlines` code XO have now faded away into the annuals of China`s domestic aviation history.
For example – the previous flight CJ 6301 (between Shenyang and Guangzhou) has been replaced by CZ 6301 and flight XO 9301 (between Urumqi and Guangzhou) has been replaced by CZ 9301.
Simultaneously, the two carriers will use China Southern`s transport vouchers, such as airline tickets and waybills and will use China Southern`s three digital code 784 to replace China Northern`s 782 and Xinjiang`s 651.
Other merger developments include:
- After flight code unification is completed the China Southern Air Holding Company will continue to offer safe, reliable fight operations and – at this time – does not plan to make any major adjustments in its flight scheduling and routing;
- Previously purchased airline tickets will be honored on either China Northern or Xinjiang Airlines until used;
- For the forthcoming Summer/Fall 2003 flight schedule, all three airlines plan to complement their route timetables to further streamline optimal routing to achieve convenient passenger flight schedules;
- China Northern and Xinjiang Airlines will use China Southern Airlines` general transportation policies and business manuals to provide consistent marketing & sales policies, new management standards and passenger service operation procedures for ground handling and in-flight services;
- All China Northern and Xinjiang Airlines aircraft will gradually be repainted in China Southern`s distinctive white and blue logo colors and brilliant red kapok flower logo on each tail;
- The frequent flyer programs of China Northern and Xinjiang Airlines will be integrated into China Southern Airlines` Sky Pearl Club as one unified FFP brand. China Southern`s Sky Pearl Club will continue to be the largest frequent flyer program in The People`s Republic of China with more than 1.7 million members;
- China Southern Airlines plans to open new Sky Pearl Club Service Centers in Harbin, Shenyang and Urumqi … in addition to the current 23 airport and city facilities;
- China Southern Airlines will establish a new mileage bank in which FFP members of China Northern and Xinjiang Airlines will be able to pool their mileage into The Sky Pearl Club for free flights and flight upgrades.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.