IATA announced the reorganization of its Industry Distribution and Financial Services (IDFS) business unit into…
Wai Leong Chan (previously Director for North Asia) will take on the responsibility of Regional Director, Asia Pacific Operations. Chan will remain based in Singapore overseeing the combined region`s IDFS activities which include the Billing and Settlements Plan (BSP), Cargo Agency Settlement Services (CASS) and the Agency Accreditation program.
Chan will continue to push forward a re-engineering and re-structuring program of IDFS settlement services in the region which began in 1999. The transformation is aimed at increasing efficiency and customer service levels, while reducing costs by US$131 million through resource rationalization, outsourcing and innovative use of technology.
IATA IDFS Regional Management Team
- Brian DOWNES – Regional Manager, New Zealand and South West Pacific Islands based in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Peter KEOGH – Regional Manager, Australia, French Overseas Territories and Micronesia based in Sydney, Australia.
- Philip LAM – Regional Manager, North East Asia based in Hong Kong covering Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Macau SAR, Republic of Korea and Chinese Taipei.
- Prote SETSUWAN – Regional Manager, South East Asia based in Bangkok, Thailand. This region includes Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar,
Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore Thailand and Vietnam.
- Kiran YADAV – Regional Manager, South Asia based in Mumbai, India, covering Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- Baojian ZHANG – Zhang will oversee IDFS operations in Mainland China. Zhang is the Regional Director responsible for membership relations in the PRC, Hong Kong, Macau and Chinese Taipei.
Previously IATA`s Asia Pacific IDFS consisted of two regions. North Asia and Southeast Asia/Pacific.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales. She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.