For the fifth time the COTRI China Outbound Tourism Research Institute has given awards to international tourism companies and organizations which provide excellent services and products for the growing Chinese Outbound Tourism market.
The “CTW Chinese Tourists Welcoming Award 2008” winners were presented with the awards during the COTTM China Outbound Travel and Tourism Market on April 14th, 2008 in Beijing.
Winners include companies and destinations from all five continents: 6 winners come from Asia and Europe each, two from Africa and the Americas each and one from Australia.
More than 150 guests and exhibitors greeted the CTW Award winners, who gave presentations of their award-winning activities. The National Tourism Ministers from Jamaica and Ghana personally accepted the awards on behalf of their countries.
Other winners include St. Andrews Luxury Golf (Europe), TravConsult (Australia), Ethiopia Tourism Ministry (Africa), Ivy Alliance (Asia) as well as AVIS China, Northwest Airlines, PATA, and Switzerland Tourism.
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt, Director of the German-based COTRI emphasizes the need for the CTW Award: “Chinese tourists are increasingly willing to pay more for better service. The CTW Award helps them to identify destinations and service providers which are going the extra mile to cater to the specific needs and expectations of Chinese travelers. With more than 40 million Chinese traveling across the border in 2007, this is a market which cannot be ignored.”
Started in 2004, the CTW Award is presented in five categories: Product development, Marketing, Internet/New Media, Service Quality and Overall Performance, with Gold, Silver and Bronze awards given away by an international jury.
List of winners 2008
Category: Product Innovation
· GOLD: St. Andrews Luxury Golf (Great Britain)
· SILVER: Euro-Alarm Beijing Co., Ltd. (China)
· BRONZE: Northwest Airlines (USA)
· GOLD: Jamaica Tourism Board (Jamaica)
· SILVER: Deutsches Kustenland e.V. (German Coastline) (Germany)
· BRONZE: Flash Tour (Egypt)
Category: Service Quality
· GOLD: Travconsult (Australia)
· SILVER: Switzerland Tourism (Switzerland)
· BRONZE: AVIS China (China)
Category: Marketing (Two GOLD and two SILVER awards)
· GOLD: Ghana Ministry of Tourism and Tourism Board/
Ethiopia Tourism Ministry & Ethiopian Airlines (Ethiopia)
· SILVER: Baltic Travel Solutions (Lithuania) /
· Indiatourism Beijing (China)
· BRONZE: Sheraton Padova Hotel & Conference Center (Italy)
Category: Overall Performance
· GOLD: Ivy Alliance (China)
· SILVER: PATA (Thailand)
· BRONZE: Usedom Tourismus GmbH (Germany)