A. Patrick Imbardelli, Chief Executive of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) Asia Pacific, has been named “Hotelier of the Year 2006” at the 10th Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference, organised and…
A. Patrick Imbardelli, Chief Executive of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) Asia Pacific, has been named “Hotelier of the Year 2006” at the 10th Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference, organised and hosted by Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels.
The eighth recipient to receive the prestigious award, Mr. Imbardelli has been leading many high-profile developments for the group since he took on his role at IHG Asia Pacific in 2003.
IHG today has grown to 188 hotels in the region, with 105 more in the development pipeline. The company is now the largest international hotel group in Greater China, well on track to achieving its goal of having 125 hotels opened by 2008. The recently formed IHG ANA Hotels Group Japan – a joint venture with All Nippon Airways – makes IHG the biggest international hotel operator in Japan, the second largest hotel market in the world. IHG is also growing in India, another strategic business tourism market within the region, as the company said.
A veteran hotelier, Mr Imbardelli has over 24 years of experience in the hotel and tourism industry. A member of the Young Presidents’ Organisation, he has held key appointments in industry bodies and other advisory boards, including the Global Hoteliers Society. Both the Fred Hollows Foundation and the Variety Club International have recognized him for contributions to the disadvantaged and underprivileged children in Australia and Southeast Asia.
Each year, the Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference honours an Asia Pacific Hotelier who has had the greatest impact on the region’s hospitality industry. The Hotelier of the Year award was first presented at the 3rd Asia Pacific Hotel Investment Conference in 2000. Mr. Imbardelli joins the list of past winners including:
- Mr. Kwek Leng Beng, Executive Chairman of Hong Leong Group
- Dr. Hari Harilela, Chairman of The Harilela Group
- Mr. Richard Hartman, Managing Director of InterContinental Hotels Group
- Mr. Gwee Liang Kheng, President and Chief Executive Officer of publicly listed company Hotel Plaza Limited, and also President and CEO of United Overseas Land
- Mr. David Baffsky, Chairman of ACCOR Asia Pacific
- Dr. Lo Ka Shui, GBS JP, Deputy Chairman and Managing Director of Great Eagle Holdings and Chairman of the Langham Hotels International Group
- Mr. Giovanni Angelini, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts