Celestia luxury Phinisi yacht to sail the majestic waters of the Indonesian archipelago starting January 2023.
Jakarta, Indonesia – Celestia, a new handcrafted 45-meter Phinisi yacht designed to offer unforgettable journeys through the Indonesian archipelago, will officially set sail in January 2023. Designed by Cape Town-based interior designer Deirdre Renniers and engineered by naval architect Tresno Seery, the traditional Indonesian vessel becomes the latest and most sought-after addition to the cruise offerings in the iconic Coral Triangle (home to 75% of the world’s coral species), providing an authentic way to experience some of Earth’s most pristine and awe-inspiring places, including Raja Ampat, Komodo and the Spice Islands.
Celestia is the passion project of siblings Jasmine Chong and Jason Tabalujan, whose vision for the vessel is to immerse guests in the romance of travel and the art of being one with nature. After spending much of the past two years across the globe from each other – Jason in Jakarta and Jasmine in New York City – the brother-sister duo dreamt of reuniting as a family through a shared love of travel, the sea, and their homeland of Indonesia. The result is Celestia: a seven-cabin traditional Phinisi that lives up to its Latin moniker of ‘heavenly,’ perfectly merging the beauty of the natural world with the sublime.
Jasmine is an established fashion designer in New York City and Jason is a seasoned fund manager focused on South-East Asia. Their professional passions turn personal with Celestia by seamlessly bringing into harmony centuries-old UNESCO-recognized building traditions that give the Phinisi its iconic structure with a sophisticated and internationally inspired interior design, anchored by an array of hand-finished works by Indonesian traditional boatbuilders and artisans. A perfect duo to oversee the creation of Celestia inside and out, Jasmine and Jason’s technical and creative aptitudes have spawned a product that is not only aesthetically evocative of the destination, but an all-encompassing hospitality experience that is personal in its approach and authentic in its delivery.
Celestia quick facts:
- 45 meters (approx. 148 feet) from bow to stern
- Seven cabins and ensuite bathrooms with Villeroy & Boch and Geberit finishings: one King Suite with a private terrace and sun deck, two spacious Upper Deck cabins (each with private balconies), two Queen Bed cabins, two Twin Bed Cabins
- Encompassing over 17,000 islands, the Indonesian archipelago is dotted with private islands, secluded bays, stunning landscapes and unparalleled marine environments
- Celestia offers guests a tailored experience with bespoke itineraries. Private charter trips range from 3-7 nights in the Komodo area to 7-14 nights in other areas of the Coral Triangle including Raja Ampat and the Spice Islands
- Activities include world-class diving, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, water-skiing, wakeboarding, birdwatching, private island-hopping, stargazing, private beach dinners, meditative yoga, massage treatments and nature hikes
- Rates start at approximately USD 9,000 per night (max occupancy 14 guests)
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.