13th UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism: Winners and finalists announced
The 13th UNWTO Awards for Innovation winners and runner-ups will be unveiled during the UNWTO Awards Ceremony to be held on 18 January 2017 in Madrid, Spain.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is proud to announce the winners and finalists of the 13th UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism.
The 13th UNWTO Awards for Innovation winners and runner-ups will be unveiled during the UNWTO Awards Ceremony to be held on 18 January 2017 in Madrid, Spain, organized in collaboration with IFEMA/FIITUR for the fourth consecutive time. The Ceremony will be preceded by the annual UNWTO Awards Forum on 16 January 2017 at Palacio Neptuno, Madrid, Spain.
UNWTO Award for Innovation in Public Policy and Governance
- Innovative use of e-tourism - Egypt/s strategy 2020, Advisory Council of the Tourism Ministry, Egypt
- Invat.Tur, Valencia Region Tourism Board, Spain
- Social progress index in tourism destinations in Costa Rica, Instituto Costarricense de Turismo, Costa Rica
- Strategies for development of sustainable tourism in Guanajuato, Guanajuato Ministry of Tourism, Mexico.
UNWTO Award for Innovation in Enterprises
- Adding colors to lives, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Belgium
- Ecobnb: The community of sustainable tourism, Ecobnb, Italy
UNWTO Award for Innovation in Non-Governmental Organizations
- Culture heritage: Tools for sustainability of a World Heritage Site, Petra National Trust, Jordan
- A Sustainable Tourism Supply Chain, Fundacion Tropicalia, Dominican Republic
- Govardhan Eco Village - Eco Tourism as a Catalyst for Rural Development, Govardhan Eco Village, India
UNWTO Award for Innovation in Research and Technology
- Carmacal carbon calculator for travel packages, Dutch Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (ANVR), The Netherlands
- Encyclopedia of tourism, Ulysses Foundation, Spain
- Tourism 4.0, Turismo de Portugal IP, Portugal
UNWTO Ulysses Prize for Excellence in the Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge
- Winner: Professor Geoffrey Wall, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Department of Geography and Environmental Management, University of Waterloo, Canada.
UNWTO Ethics Award
- Winner: Ilunion Hotels, Spain