U.S. Zegrahm Expeditions, one of the leaders in adventure travel for the past 20 years, is excited to announce the findings of a recent survey of adventure travelers. When asked to share regions of most interest, 63 percent of survey participants listed Australia, making the island-continent the top adventure travel destination for 2013.
“Based on the findings of our travel trends survey, we introduced a number of new itineraries to Australia and the Pacific regions for 2013,” stated Jon Nicholson, president of Zegrahm Expeditions. “I am pleased to report that pre-reservations for these itineraries are selling exceptionally well, and overall pre-bookings are equal to or exceeding our most popular itineraries in 2012.”
The survey also revealed a number of other areas of interest for travel in 2013. Adventure travelers reported that 57 percent would like to visit Asia and 49 percent listed Central and South America as a top choice. In contrast, the Middle East was the area of least interest with only 34 percent expressing interest to visit the region. (Respondents were asked to check all areas of interest so percentages don’t add up to 100%.)
Featured Itineraries in 2013 Include:
- Rain Forests & Reefs – Belize to Costa Rica: 15-day journey departing March 8, 2013, aboard the Island Sky
- Australia’s Kimberley: 15-day journey departing September 12, 2013, aboard the Caledonian Sky
- Tasmania, Sub-Antarctic Islands & New Zealand: 20-day journey departing November 25, 2013, aboard the Caledonian Sky
- Wild Mongolia: 18-day overland adventure departing August 20, 2013
- Circumnavigation of Sumatra: 19-day journey departing January 2, 2013, aboard the Clipper Odyssey
- Vietnam & Cambodia by Ship: 19-day journey departing January 27, 2013, aboard the Clipper Odyssey
In addition to the destination findings, Zegrahm learned that 20 percent of adventure travelers usually travel solo. Zegrahm is offering lower single rates in 2013 on all ship-based itineraries.