HSMAI Seminar: Opportunities Unlimited - Tapping into the Chinese Market
Inviting Hotel General Managers, Directors of Sales, DOSM's, Directors of Revenue, Friday 2nd December 2016
"Opportunities Unlimited - Tapping into the Chinese Market"
Inviting Hotel General Managers, Directors of Sales, DOSM's, Directors of Revenue
Friday 2nd December 2016
Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20
19/9 Soi Sukhumvit 20, Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Breakfast & Registration @ Food Exchange Restaurant
07:30am - 09:00am
Seminar @ Thong-lo Function Room
09:00am - 11:30am
Walkins’ will be limited. Register online to avoid disappointment at the door.
Jameson Wong – Director of Business Development, APAC – ForwardData S.L.
Jameson graduated from the Murdoch University with a double major in Hospitality & Tourism Management and Marketing Management. He started his career as a Management Trainee with Accor Singapore in 2006 and has ever since been involved with the tourism industry.
In his latest role as the Director of Business Development for Asia Pacific at ForwardKeys, Jameson is responsible for hospitality sales and product development as well as building new vertical sales. Today, ForwardKeys is trusted by companies across the Hotel, DMO, Airport, Travel Retail and Finance industry.
ForwardKeys is a travel research firm that helps hotels better anticipate demand by crunching and analysing millions of air booking transactions daily. With the world’s most complete air reservations database, hotels are now able to draw valuable insights from ForwardKeys’ powerful analytic platform and stay ahead of trends.
- ForwardKeys will be providing an update on the Asia travel scene, from 2016 YTD, but more importantly, sharing valuable insights on forward bookings for the coming quarter.
- Special attention will be paid to the Chinese outbound market to Thailand.
Sunny YU – IHG Commercial Marketing Manager, South East Asia & Korea
Sunny is an international marketer who has been working in the hospitality industry for 13 + years after graduating from Australia Blue Mountains Hotel Management School.
Born and bred in China, Sunny is fluent in all aspects of Mandarin culture, and the business and geographical landscapes. Sunny is a firm believer in the 'Magic of Marketing' and its power to WOW!
- China general information (population, geographic differences traveling expenditures, top 10 out-bound countries)
- Chinese holidays and booking times; X & Y generation and travel behaviors; X & Y generation booking behaviors;
- How to target your right Chinese customer
- “China ready” – Chinese language translations…
- What are the primary digital and social platforms in China? –eg.“google vs baidu”…
Paul Chen – Baidu General Manager Thailand
Paul Chen graduated from Harbin University of Science and Technology in 2004 with a Bachelors degree, and worked as Project Manager at the Technology Center of the Ministry of the Commerce People’s Republic of the China from 2005-2007. He joined Baidu in 2010, where he worked as a RD Manager of Vertical Search. Paul is now General Manager of Baidu Thailand, a role that he took on in 2011.
- Case study with real numbers
- Chinese tourists’ travel preferences in Thailand
HSMAI Asia Pacific Region
HSMAI is an individual membership organisation comprised of nearly 7,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI is the hospitality industry source for knowledge, community, and recognition for leaders committed to professional development, education events on sales growth, revenue optimisation, marketing, and branding. Visit www.hsmaiasia.org