Theme Park & Resorts World Asia Congress 2012
Theme Park & Resorts World Asia Congress 2012 will bring together property developers, operators, entertainment companies, design films and equipment manufactures to share trends & insights of theme park development, and explore new business opportunities in Asia.
Theme Park & Resorts World Asia Congress 2012
Asia is the strongest region for amusement industry growth
Oct 24-26, 2012 - InterContinental Pudong Shanghai, China
Asian theme park attendance is forecast to grow to 290 million in 2012 from 249 million in 2007, while spending in that period will rise from $6.4 billion to $8.4 billion, according to Price water house Coopers. New theme parks, resorts and casinos are scheduled to open from Singapore to Seoul over the next several years as property developers and entertainment companies aim to draw Asia's rapidly growing middle classes. China is the most promising market with vast untapped potential. Theme park attendance in China will exceed that of the United States within 10 years. The Shanghai Disney Resort, scheduled to open in 2016, will set the standard for theme park development in China.
Nothing is more constant than change in attractions industry. We are witnessing the transformation from theme parks into integrated resorts to cater to "staycation" trends. Parks operators and manufactures are also employing new strategies to focus on innovation and reinvestment in guest experience to serve increasingly discerning market. New interactive, wireless, simulation and visual technologies are also deployed to help bolster attendance and increase per-head consumer spending.
Theme Park & Resorts World Asia Congress 2012 will bring property developers, operators, entertainment companies, design films and equipment manufactures to share trends & insights of theme park development, and explore new business opportunities in Asia.China theme park‘s situation: bigger or better?
China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) is planning to restrict theme park projects to prevent investments from entering the related property sector. According to the NDRC notice for the theme Park project for the total area of 300 acres or more, or a total investment of RMB 5 billion of projects have been working through approval programs for projects at present commenced, construction shall not present such a theme park developers in the standard elucidation of NDRC.
In fact, over the thrust to invest in, the local theme parks have started now. Only in the Yangtze River Delta region, gathered with Happy Valley, Wuxi Taihu film base, Changzhou Dinosaur Park, Activity Valley, Square special joy in the world, Hello Kitty theme park and many other homes, but the NDRC of the notice, not expected beneath construction in Shanghai Disneyland project impact.
Is this really the sign to shrink any theme park projects in China? Or the government has other intention to monitoring of land use across the country? China does really need the theme parks, only the best and make money one from spin-off lines of business to stimulate domestic consumption and to promote an economic growth. The notice in an attempt to curtail illegal developments such as golf courses, many of which are a front for luxury housing projects, and public works in a bid to keep land prices down and preserve dwindling arable land reserves.
However, almost all the domestic theme park operators rely too much on revenues from tickets, which explains why 70% of them are in the red and two-thirds fail to get a proper ROI. We are delighted to invite you to join TPRW 2012 in Shanghai China. TPRW2012 Highlights
- To find out the entire theme park environment in China: still aggressive?
- To learn from the leading theme parks and increase the management for own case
- To mingle your brands with the famous domestic real estate developers & owners
- To update by 1st and 2nd tier cities attraction news by the local authority
- To dig into the best theme park concept in China
- To view the latest tailored technology on visual experience & sense
- To understand the national plan on the attraction, amusement and theme industry
- To join the panel discussion and brain storm with industry leaders
Innovation and CollaborationReshaping the Themed Amusement Industry Landscape in Asia Organizer：
Date & Venue：
- Indian Association Of Amusement Parks &Industries (IAAPI)
- Fun World Magazine
- InterPark Magazine
Oct 24-26, 2012 | InterContinental Pudong ShanghaiAgenda：
Oct. 24th, 2012 Wed
Oct. 25th, 2012 Thu
Oct. 26th, 2012 Fri
Oct. 27th, 2012 Sat
Integrated theme park resorts design and concept development
AM：Outlooks and trends of theme park industry in Asia and policy updates
AM：New design and communication technologies to optimize visitor experience
Happy Valley Shanghai & Sheshan National Tourist Resort
PM：Asian mega theme park projects briefing - China, India, Australia, Japan, S. Korea, Thailand etc
PM：Optimized theme park and resorts management and operation practice and case studies
Speakers:Santokh Singh ChawlaPresident
- Focus on China’s entertainment and theme park industry - Policy updates
- Focus on theme park in Asia: planning and creating the optimal amusement environment
- Transformation from theme parks into integrated resorts to cater to "staycation" trends
- Challenges & opportunities of developing homegrown theme park with localized idiosyncrasies in Asia
- “Disneyland” brand experience in Asia and its current and future strategy plans
- “Universal Studios” theme park expansion strategy and future projects in Asia
- Optimal practice on maximizing ancillary revenues for theme park and resort operations
- New riding design for water park resorts to bring thrilling consumer experience
- Adoption of simulation technologies and virtual reality to optimize visitor experience
- “Live Park” in Korea - Pushing the limits of future entertainment
Indian Association Of Amusement Parks Industries (IAAPI)Miikka SeppäläCEO
Särkänniemi Adventure Park / Angry Birds LandMakoto SatoMD of Planning Development
Sanrio EntertainmentRajeev JalnapurkarVice President
Ushakiron Movies Ltd., Ramoji Film CityAlan MahonyGeneral Manager
Ramayana Water Park ThailandPaul Lin ChenGeneral Manager
Rovio ChinaCharles ReadManaging Director
Blooloop LimitedAnthony Van DamExecutive Vice President
ForrecThe Organizing Committee of 2012 Theme Park & Resorts World Asia Congress