World Travel India 2004 5-8th February Mumbai India
Dates: 5-8th February 2004
Exhibition and Conference Venue: Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Organisers:Kinex Log Ltd, UK)
World Travel India is India’s first major international travel and tourism event of it’s kind and has been developed to support the phenomenal growth currently being experienced by India’s travel sector.
Where and when?
- The World Travel and Tourism Council has tipped India as the world’s fastest growth market for tourism
- India has more than 2.5 million inbound visitors and 234 million domestic tourists every year.
- The outbound travel industry is also growing, with more than 6.5 million Indians travelling abroad in 2001, and 2003 estimates as high as 10 million.
- World Travel India offers unique opportunities to share in this tourism boom.
The show takes place between 5-8 February 2004, at the Bandra Kurla Exhibition Complex in Mumbai - a luxury, air-conditioned venue specially built for this event.
For visitors and exhibitors
World Travel India will attract visitors and exhibitors from around the globe. Although mainly a trade show, it will also be open to the public and attended by high level representatives from India’s department of tourism and state governments. The Minister for Tourism will officially open the show.
Visitors will find a wealth of information on travel destinations and holidays from more than 200 exhibitors, including tourist boards, airlines, cruise liners, hotels, tour operators and travel agencies.
For exhibitors, the show provides a unique opportunity to showcase their products and services to both the Indian public and key industry decision makers.
A unique Hosted Buyers Programme will put buyers and sellers directly in touch through pre-arranged meetings.
If you are selling products, services or destinations to India’s outbound, inbound or domestic tourists, you need to exhibit at World Travel India.
This is India’s first major international travel and tourism exhibition of its kind. It has been specially designed for companies and organisations wanting to share in the unprecedented growth of India’s outbound and inbound tourism industry.
More than 200 of the top domestic and international travel providers will be taking part in the event.
You need to be with them if you are:
- a national or regional tourist board looking to promote your destination to Indian and international travel-buyers and tourists
- a tour operator, airline, business travel company, conference/meetings organiser, cruise operator or special interest holiday provider looking to tap the potential in India’s outbound or inbound travel market
- a hotel, health spa, car rental company, coach or rail operator looking to attract greater numbers of Indian or international travellers
- a financial services company, travel media company, travel technology company or consultancy with services to offer the travel trade
For more information about how to exhibit at World Travel India 2004, please contact our Project Manager Richard Gayle on +44 (0) 207723 8020 or >Richard.email@example.com
A high level conference will run alongside the exhibition, addressing key industry issues such as:
1)`Building a Distinctive Brand Image`
2) `Promoting a Country as a product to Top Tourist-Exporting Countries`
3) ‘Meeting the Different Demands of Domestic and International Tourism`
Seminars and workshops will provide a platform for professional exchanges and dissemination of cutting-edge ideas.
The confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Mr Ian Graham, Director of Business Consulting with the Travel, Tourism and Leisure practice at Deloitte & Touche
- Mr. Eric Pfeffer, President of the International Hotel and Restaurant Association (IH&RA)
The programme will also include a Power Lunch
on Day Two, for Ministers, CEO’s and MD’s of major corporations, by invitation only.
A key feature of World Travel India will be the International Hosted Buyers Programme, which will put quality international and Indian buyers in touch with international and Indian sellers.
Selected, pre-qualified buyers from India’s key markets will be fully hosted to attend the show and take part in a pre-arranged schedule of one-to-one meetings.
For buyers, this is an excellent opportunity to meet with exhibitors from India, which has one of the fastest growing tourism markets in the world.
Fe Business Traveller Awards
The Indian Express Group will host the fe Business Traveller Awards at World Travel India. The awards will recognise excellence within the Indian travel industry and are to be judged through a readership poll conducted using a wide range of Indian travel media.
Mr Pradeep Gopalan
The Indian Express Group
Tel: +91 22 -56301020
For further information on how to exhibit, attend the conference or to sponsor the event, please contact Mr Richard Gayle, Project Manager at our London office.
Alternatively, please contact Mr Pradeep Gopalan at our Indian office.
(please insert links here to the appropriate email addresses
WORLD TRAVEL INDIA 2004
Bandra Kurla, Mumbai